View Full Version : Drawing up a Blank

freakygreek
12-27-2004, 04:49 AM
I've done a search for my problem but can't seem to find the answer.

If someone can answer this or at least point me in the right direction I'd be gratefull.

When syncing I get a attention required for my contacts,calendar.
I'm able to surf the internet when connected to my dock. Any suggestions as to how I can get this resolved.

Cheers

JustinGTP
12-27-2004, 08:02 AM
I find that sometimes a few appointments cause problems. It normally tells you which one it cannot resolve. I Just delete them and then it works fine. Other than that, I just ignore the "resolve issues" because sometimes it never resolves. This is ActiveSync for you!

-Justin.

freakygreek
12-27-2004, 03:25 PM
Honda,

Thanks for the reply. Eventhough it doesn't tell which ones are in conflict I'll try deleting some and see where this takes me. Do you think it could be my software I'm using PI 5.6.1 .

Cheers

Darius Wey
12-28-2004, 03:34 AM
I doubt it would be the software itself. You may have a buggy PST file causing problems. Have you considered backing up your Outlook data to a PST file, wiping the old one, and creating a new one?

I wrote a quick guide on how to do this here. (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=295038#295038)

freakygreek
12-28-2004, 04:05 PM
Darius,

Thanks for the info I did manage to get it working. Albiet the long way I started from scratch.

I removed all programs and did a fresh install. Not a big deal for me it just pains me when I know something is not working as it should.

After all was said and done I placed my PPC into the cradle and crossed my fingers. Again I got the "attention required" message for my calander,contacts. My heart sank. I disconnected and tried again and my faith in the order of the Universe was restored.

Cheers

emuelle1
12-28-2004, 04:11 PM
I occasionally get appointments and tasks that won't sync. Sometimes I have to remove my Pocket PC from it's cradle and soft reset it. Other times I have to reboot my computer, but except for some html emails that will resolve it.

Darius Wey
12-29-2004, 10:11 AM
After all was said and done I placed my PPC into the cradle and crossed my fingers. Again I got the "attention required" message for my calander,contacts. My heart sank. I disconnected and tried again and my faith in the order of the Universe was restored.

:rotfl:

Glad to see it worked the second time round. I'm sure the universe is a lot more stable now. ;)

Darius Wey
12-29-2004, 10:14 AM
I occasionally get appointments and tasks that won't sync. Sometimes I have to remove my Pocket PC from it's cradle and soft reset it. Other times I have to reboot my computer, but except for some html emails that will resolve it.

Did you try recreating a new PST file as I suggested in my earlier post?