View Full Version : How's the x50v pad for gaming?

wyrd
12-27-2004, 02:04 AM
How's the d-pad and buttons for gaming? Good, decent, mediocre? Thanks in advance.

andbrown
12-30-2004, 10:47 PM
Much better than my old Axim X5, but not quite as good as an iPAQ 2200. Those are the only recent PPCs I can compare the X50v to. It's no Game Boy, obviously, but although it's a bit stiff, I found it to be pretty good.

Menneisyys
12-31-2004, 01:24 PM
Much better than my old Axim X5, but not quite as good as an iPAQ 2200.

The 2210 has also a quite bad D-Pad: far too sensitive and it's almost impossible to press the "Action" button without pressing one direction button at the same time. IMHO almost useless for serious gaming.

Dave Beauvais
12-31-2004, 10:52 PM
The 2210 has also a quite bad D-Pad: far too sensitive and it's almost impossible to press the "Action" button without pressing one direction button at the same time. IMHO almost useless for serious gaming.
I have the exact same problem with the touchpad on my hx4700. The zone for the action "button" is so small that it often takes multiple attempts to press it. The first few attempts often result in unintended scrolling, etc. By the time I get it worked out, I could have just tapped somewhere on the screen. The touchpad and buttons in the hx4700 is essentially useless for gaming, and difficult for regular use. That's my only real problem with the device, and all the games I play are stylus-driven, anyway.

andbrown
01-01-2005, 12:43 AM

Perhaps we had slightly different hardware - I didn't see the issues with the Action button at all, and found the sensitivity to be almost perfect. It's a subjective call at the end, I suppose, and it's unfortunate one can't try out an X50v in a store which would be the most helpful thing. :(