View Full Version : Joystick support through USB on E830?

equlizer
12-25-2004, 04:39 AM
Id really love to use a joystick on this thing when im playing NES, MAME and other games. Do i need specific drivers for a pocket pc? are there built in ones?

gregmills
12-25-2004, 04:54 AM
Yes that would be cool. Yes youwould need drivers. If the drivers exist then I have not been able to find them. Let me know if you do.

I have an e750 with the expansion pack and Drivers for a joystick seemed like a natural thing to me but no one has provided them yet.

equlizer
12-25-2004, 08:02 AM
where did you download your joystick drivers?

gregmills
12-25-2004, 08:25 AM
I have not been able to find them. Let me know if you do.

I did find mass storage drivers which work with my thumb drive. I also found HID drivers but I don't have USB devices to test those with. But, sorry, no joystick/gamepad drivers.

surur
12-25-2004, 11:42 AM
Maybe you should have gotten a Loox 720? :twisted:

http://www.firstloox.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2719

Bagoj
Registered User Join Date: Oct 2004

Announcing USB HID Gamepad driver v0.1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi there!

Before you get too excited, i tell that i have no idea if it works or not with other gamepads than my genius maxfire g-08xu.
(it should work with standard HID compliant gamepads)
This is a very simple version more features and improved compatibility will come if i'll have time. (Now i'm late with my work and xmas stuff too )
Please try it and share the results, don't expect too much compatibility with this version.

You can get it from here: hidgamep.dll
copy it to your 720's Windows folder and enter the following to your registry:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\HID\LoadClients\Default\Default\1_5\Gamepad] "DLL"="hidgamep.dll"

finally do a soft reset and attach the gamepad.
And don't forget to unplug the client calble from the PC othervise it won't work.
The driver simply maps generic y and x axis to up,down,left,right and buttons 1-8 to Numpad 1-8. I tried it with Morphgear and Motocross Stunt Racer both can map those buttons wo any problem.

Bagoj
p.s.: you know the usual absolutely-no-guarantee, save-before-try etc etc
This driver may work for your Toshiba also. No guarantees though, and its still under development.

Surur

Fishie
12-25-2004, 04:37 PM
If it works on the Loox it works on the Tosh.