View Full Version : automatic login

V-iPAQ
12-23-2004, 03:07 PM
the automatic login is not working for me here. I'm not blocking cookies from pocketpcthoughts.com, so I wonder whether I may be blocking cookies from another name which I shouldn't be blocking cookies from? :?: :?:

Menneisyys
12-23-2004, 03:14 PM
Neither does it work with me. Must be a server-side misconfiguration problem. (I have no firewall / not any kind of persistent cookie blocking.)

OSUKid7
12-23-2004, 04:14 PM
I've had that problem before. You might want to try deleting the PPCT cookie and logging in again. I know they're working on the site now to improve performance though, so maybe something's affecting the login system. I haven't had any problems recently though.

Jason Dunn
12-23-2004, 07:45 PM
The front page login function is broken because we're trying a purely static home page - no PHP at all. So just ignore it - go into the forums and you'll probably be logged in ok. ;-)

buzzard
12-23-2004, 07:55 PM
Each time I've gone to the site today I hit the "view new posts" selection. Each time I get a message telling me that there aren't any. When I put an asterisk in the author field and ask for a one day search I get 20+ records that were posted after my last check in (plus the other messages for the day).

Is this all connected to the ongoing work on the site ?

Jason Dunn
12-23-2004, 07:56 PM
No, that's just because phpBB sucks. :cry:

buzzard
12-23-2004, 08:01 PM
No, that's just because phpBB sucks. :cry:
I didn't know you were capable of answering a post in less than 30 seconds !! Is that some sort of record ? :lol:

Jason Dunn
12-23-2004, 08:13 PM
I didn't know you were capable of answering a post in less than 30 seconds !! Is that some sort of record ? :lol:

I'm not sure, I don't keep track. :lol: