View Full Version : iPAQ 2215 + HP Bluetooth Headphone + Bluetooth GPS = possible?

gonsped
12-23-2004, 02:31 PM
I was wondering if it would be possible to listen to my GPS voice commands on my iPAQ 2215 PPC with the HP Bluetooth Headphone?

I am not sure if the PPC can handle 2 separate bluetooth devices.

Menneisyys
12-23-2004, 02:50 PM
I was wondering if it would be possible to listen to my GPS voice commands on my iPAQ 2215 PPC with the HP Bluetooth Headphone?

I am not sure if the PPC can handle 2 separate bluetooth devices.

The 2210 can handle multiple BT devices (long gone are the days of the Ericsson R520m). I haven't personally tested the headset hack, however, so I can only give you links.

There is a patch that does the required reghack automatically:
http://www.handango.com/brainstore/PlatformProductDetail.jsp?siteId=1120&jid=974B7EXFFXCF5EACXB7846395F593C14&platformId=2&productType=2&catalog=0&sectionId=0&productId=88989

If you encounter probs, check out http://discussion.brighthand.com/printthread.php?threadid=85322

gonsped
01-04-2005, 10:21 AM
I would like to update this thread to others that are still interested.

I have received my Leadtek 9537 Bluetooth GPS unit and HP Bluetooth Headphone and they BOTH work at the same time with my iPAQ 2210 Pocket PC PDA (ROM v1.10).

When the road noise gets too loud (i.e. highway/motorway), I can use the bluetooth headphone for better listening to the voice from the PDA.

However, its more of a gimmick as on long road trips, without voice feeds from the PDA, the headphone switches off after several minutes with its built in powersave feature negating its use :(

But if you want to listen to MP3s or audiobooks and don't require the voice prompts from the GPS, the headphone will still work very well :)

Lastly, the AC adaptor that came with my Leadtek GPS and the HP Headphone is 100% compatible to the iPAQ Pocket PC PDA! Not only that - their adaptors come with interchangable heads for international travel! This is all a surprise bonus to me! :devilboy:

Menneisyys
01-04-2005, 10:40 AM
Lastly, the AC adaptor that came with my Leadtek GPS and the HP Headphone is 100% compatible to the iPAQ Pocket PC PDA!

Yeah, tons of current PDA's use the same 5V/2+A power supplies. I can, for example, use my ancient iPAQ 3660 power supplies with my latest FS PL 720 as well :) The Axim X5 etc. has the same PS too.