View Full Version : Toshiba e830 and Pharos BT Gps

Ripper014
12-20-2004, 11:20 PM
Anyone been able to establish a connection with these two units... The Toshiba will recognize the Pharos BT unit.. but can not make the connection...

psohl
01-21-2005, 07:38 PM
Did you ever resolve your issue? I cant seem to get Pharos gps working on my e830 with the cable assembly and driver provided. I'm reluctant to try the BT, not knowing if it will work or not... :?

Ripper014
01-21-2005, 10:27 PM
Nope... when I saw that you had responded I was getting a little excited...

I have tried using GPSGate to connect to my BT, and though I seem to have a connection it is not active... The BT receiver goes to a solid blue... but the GPSGate icon on my device stays red...

I have talked to Pharos... and Toshiba... neither were of any help... Toshiba gave me the impression that a new BT stack is in the works... we will see.

I was at a site the other day... were some MSMvp was telling everyone how wonderful the Toshiba BT was... and how configurable it was over all the rest... So I ask for some documentation... my problem is I forgot were I posted my request... lol... I am sure I will come across it at some point.

In the meantime... my BT GPS is useless... well I guess I can still use it on the Hp2200...

Maybe you can try Pharos... and Toshiba... Pharos insisted to me that it works... I just rolled my eyes...

psohl
01-23-2005, 10:40 PM
Sounds like we're in the same boat...you with BT and me with the cable assembly. I can't believe we can't get this thing working! I've been all over the internet trying to figure this out and have gotten no further...
Freitasm over at Geezone says As for GPS, the Toshiba does support serial ports, and you can actually configure as many as you like. You should be able to add serial ports and instruct the software to connect through these ports. I have no idea how this is done, but I think it's at the root of what the problem is. I was also thinking along the same lines as you with GPSgate...
Is there anyone else out there with a Toshiba e830 who has been able to get pharos gps running???

bluetos
02-13-2005, 03:54 AM
There is a howto for a socket BT GPS device on Toshiba's website.
It is not pharao, but maybe it works similar.
Check the howto section of the following webpage:
http://aps.toshiba-tro.de/bluetooth/directlink.php?snr=2

Ripper014
02-13-2005, 09:54 PM
I have the issue solved... it requires third party program to map the com port ports that are required for connectivity.

In my test case... I used GPSGate to map com6 to a virtual com8 port which the Pharos BT GPS system requires to connect.

pcboy2003
02-14-2005, 12:46 AM
congradulation ripper014!!!!