View Full Version : PPC doesn't turn in when placed in cradle

ironguy
12-18-2004, 02:17 AM
OK, here's a new one.
When I place my iPaq 2215 into the cradle, it doesn't turn on automatically and and sync like it used to. Instead, I power on the PPC in the cradle, Active SYnc starts but runs as Guest. I turn off the PPC and power it on again, and AS starts normally. I've loaded bunches of software and have no idea what could've caused this.

Anyone see similar behavior?

Jason Dunn
12-18-2004, 02:38 AM
Have you tried turning it on and soft resetting it before putting it in the cradle?

Darius Wey
12-18-2004, 03:35 AM
I've loaded bunches of software and have no idea what could've caused this.

That could also be it. Some software you have installed may be breaking the normal ActiveSync routine. What have you got installed?

echernosky
12-18-2004, 04:40 AM
Yep. Had the same problem recently with my 2215.

I remember that I removed an application and the problem went away... but I don't remember which application it was.

Post a list of what you got on there... and I may remember.

Ed

ironguy
12-19-2004, 05:35 PM
Leanard Maltins Movie Guide
WisbarAdvance2
Latest PocketBreeze (and Ilauncher and Contact Breeze)
eReader
PocketHackMaster
TwoPeaks Personal Vehicle Manager
Latest Tweaks2k2

All other programs were loaded prior to the problem starting.

PVM was causing all sorts of problems earlier. I had to uninstall it, clean out all traces in the registry and reinstall.

karinatwork
03-30-2005, 11:12 PM
Did you ever get sorted out the problem that PVM gave you? I installed it two days ago and it completely freaked out Active Sync. I had to restore my pocket pc from an old backup to make it work again.

The software does work on my pocket pc, but there is no way I can install the desktop software on either my pc at work or at home without screwing everything over. Partnerships' gone, Active Sync unresponsive, etc. etc. etc.

:(

ctmagnus
03-30-2005, 11:17 PM
8O Good thing you didn't pay for that app!

ironguy
03-31-2005, 01:19 AM
I unloaded PVM, then completely deleted any registry entries.
I reloaded and it worked fine for a while, but then went dead again with no other programs loaded. I'll prbably give the new version a shot, or maybe just build a spreadsheet.

One note about PVM. I really disliked the export data feature. It didn't export any of the calculated data like gas mileage. The data exported also wasn't easily manipulated as it was in a numer and text combination format.