View Full Version : Need help getting D-Link DCF660W to work with my 2215

welmoed
12-17-2004, 04:42 PM
I had an unexpected hard reset of my 2215 and now need to reinstall my wireless card driver. I cannot get the darned thing to be recognized; I downloaded the driver, installed it (which was an adventure in itself), and finally the device shows up in the system tab, but I can't change the settings. Plus it seems to think I've got poor signal strength, even when I'm sitting right next to the node. Any clue what might be going on? I'd really like to get this thing working again. :?

--Welmoed

Jorgen
12-17-2004, 08:49 PM
Are you dead sure you have downloaded the right driver. I remember reading the the driver that comes with the card only works with PPC operating system 2000 and 2002 and that there was a new - at that time alpha version - of the version for the 2003 machines like yours at dlinks site.

Jorgen

welmoed
12-17-2004, 10:14 PM
Jorgen, thanks for the reply. I've tried both the old driver and the Beta driver for 2003. When I installed the Beta driver, the card never showed up in the system tab. Uninstalled that, then installed the old driver. Now the device shows up in the system tab, but I can't change the settings so it recognizes my connection. The green light flashes, but isn't making any connection. And the only tab that gets any response is the signal test; even that is acting weird (i,e, giving me a "poor signla" bar when I'm sitting right next to the node).

--Welmoed

Jorgen
12-18-2004, 09:25 AM
Strange! As I understand your first posting, the beta-driver has worked before? (I have seen messages confirming that the beta-driver works - I have the same card (but no 2003-ppc) so I keep an eye on all new messages mentioning it).

What are you trying to connect to?
Can you disable all security: encryption, fixed IP stuff + set it to show SSID etc. and then try again.

Jorgen

welmoed
12-18-2004, 03:10 PM
Jorgen, I've been mulling this over and I'm starting to suspect that I have NOT used this card on my 2215; I used it on my casio E-125. So now I'm back to square one, trying to figure out how to get this card to work. I will probably argue with it after the holidays are over. :D

--Welmoed

Jorgen
12-18-2004, 04:14 PM
Do a search at this website for the card with 2210:

dcf-660w AND 2210

with "AND" in capital letters.

The first one had the same problem as you so you can cry on eachothers shoulders. :) It won't help, but you will both feel good afterwards.
The middle one has a post with someone who got it to work so it should work.
The last one is about the beta drivers.

Hope one of them helps. If not try exchanging the search criteria "2210" to "221*" (I should of course have done that).

Let us know how it goes. I may still buy a 2210.

Jorgen

MikeStanley
01-01-2005, 12:27 AM
I have got this combination to work, but as yet nothing I can see gives me any clues to allow me to help.

I tried the driver that was supplied with the dlink card and the beta driver, and most definitely the old one from the cd works the best.

If you can give me a bit more info I may be able to help.
Or if you need anything from me - I could check the version numbers of software I have etc.

Regards

Mike

MikeStanley
01-01-2005, 12:33 AM
Ooops - mine is 2210 - I do not know if there is any difference

Mike :oops:

Jorgen
01-01-2005, 08:54 AM
>"Ooops - mine is 2210 - I do not know if there is any difference "

No, 2210 and 2215 are the same. The difference is only where you bought it.

So - I assume you did a search on this web-site (both for 2210 and 2215) the way I described above and that none of the threads were of any help.

If you have a driver that works, it should see the router no matter how you have set it up.

Are you sure your WLAN router works? Mine died the other day (only WLAN; my DLS-modem and LAN worked) and I had to buy a new (and better) one.

Happy New Year!
Jorgen

borjagruiz
01-04-2005, 09:15 AM
Hi all,

I suggest you try to install Intersil drivers because they work much better than the drivers supplied by D-link.

You can find some information about this issue in the forums.

Look for intersil drivers in the Internet and you will find how to intall them in the forums. I have already posted some information related to this wireless card.

Ripper014
01-04-2005, 11:02 PM
I have the same setup with my Hp2210/15 and it works fine...

I originally did the configurations with the software that was supplied with the card. The reason is because the new beta drivers did not provide a setup utility... after I got it up and running... I just loaded the new beta overtop... it saves all the previous settings.

As far as I can tell it works great.