View Full Version : Help with ACTIVESYNCH

DREAMWEAVER
12-17-2004, 07:39 AM
Hi I need help. I am not new to this game, having numerouse PPC and CE devices over the years. I have had some minor connection problems over the years which I have solved but this one has me stumped.

I have just got my XDA Mini and connected as usual and it has been working for a week. But this week after using an external backup drive it started playing up.

These are the symptoms. It connects for a split second, displays "User authenticated" and then connection drops out. I am using a USB connection. I have tried resetting the PPC & PC. Turned the PC off for an hour. Short of doing a hard reset I am lost. In the past I have re-entered my owner information and that fixed the problem.

There was a site dedicated to this kind of problem but a cant rememberwhere it was.

I have done my search in this forum but cant find any answers.

If anyone can help or had similar experience please reply, your help would be appreciated.

Darius Wey
12-17-2004, 07:46 AM
What ActiveSync components do you have active at the moment? Some components are notorious for causing connection dropouts.

DREAMWEAVER
12-17-2004, 07:50 AM
At the moment I have email, notes, tasks, files, calendar and contacts. I think thats what you mean by components. Thanks for the reply.

Darius Wey
12-17-2004, 07:54 AM
Okay. You can attempt to selectively disable each component one at a time. So as a starting point, disable the Inbox synchronisation component, and see if your device experiences a dropout during synchronisation. If not, set that one back to active, then disable the Notes one. Keep going through the entire list and see if one of them is causing you problems. If, after running through all of them, you still experience problems, let us know. ;)

DREAMWEAVER
12-17-2004, 08:05 AM
Thanks Darius
I will try it tonight and email my results.

DREAMWEAVER
12-17-2004, 09:57 PM
Hi Darius
The strangest thing happened. I was backing up my data on a 1 Gid SD card and at 95% is came up with a message. That an problem had been encountered with windows/activesynch/Gcounter (This isnt the exact message, but something like it). So I pressed skip to back up the remaining files, which it did. Soon as it was completed, I took my sd card out to try and get connection with unchecking the different synch options and it started up a connection. Now I am synched. 8O :lol:

Go figure. What does anyone make of that. :?:

Darius Wey
12-18-2004, 04:14 AM
Soon as it was completed, I took my sd card out to try and get connection with unchecking the different synch options and it started up a connection. Now I am synched. 8O :lol:

Go figure. What does anyone make of that. :?:

One of the components must have been breaking the ActiveSync routine, as I suggested earlier. What options did you have to uncheck before it started to synchronise?

DREAMWEAVER
12-18-2004, 07:07 AM
I am not sure I had any selected because I had deleted the partnership in desperation to make it work. I am not sure the partnership had been deleted because I did it after I was not being able to connect permanently. It would connect for 2 sectonds then drop out. Which is consistent with what you are saying, it starts to sycnch a component and then drops out.

Darius Wey
12-18-2004, 07:38 AM
Which is consistent with what you are saying, it starts to sycnch a component and then drops out.

Most likely. There isn't really any other major point that suggests otherwise. But seems like it's all working fine for you now, anyway. :)

DREAMWEAVER
12-19-2004, 09:30 AM
Thanks for your help Darius

DREAMWEAVER
12-19-2004, 09:33 AM
Hey Darius I noticed your from Australia, that cool. I am in canberra where are you at. I tried to email you directly but its not on your profile.

Darius Wey
12-20-2004, 06:34 AM
Hey Darius I noticed your from Australia, that cool. I am in canberra where are you at. I tried to email you directly but its not on your profile.

Perth. :)

You can always PM me if you wish to contact me.