View Full Version : Wi-Fi worries...(The newbite pt. 4)

Braaman
12-17-2004, 12:49 AM
I've had nearly every single problem solved on mu ipaq h4155 thanks to this forum. I just want to take a minuet to thank all of you for your help. Especially the editors, you guys seem to know everything. My most recent undertaking is attempting to get Wi-Fi up and running. I'm fascinated by the idea of warwalking and warchalking, and i live in the midwest, so there's a lot of work to be done here. i know of know hotspot at a cafe downtown, but i can't connect to it. Like i said, i have an ipaq h4155. It doesn't pull up a connection while i run wi-fi, and i decided i'd try and download a wi-fi scanner. ministumbler doesn't seem to work, so i went with WiFiFoFum. Unfortunately, this won't install. I click on the .exe to install it to my device and end up with an error to the effect of: please install the .net framework v. 1.1.4322 ... I'm not exactly sure what this is, where to get it, or how to install it. Any help would be appreciated, as it'd be great to start finding hotspots around town.

hartgraves
12-17-2004, 12:54 AM
You can get it here.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/netframework/downloads/updates/default.aspx

ADBrown
12-17-2004, 01:06 AM
If that doesn't work out for you, I've had good results with PocketWiNc.

applejosh
12-17-2004, 01:22 AM
The wififofum executable might not be an installation app. Extract the files and copy them all to a new directory on your iPAQ. On the iPAQ use File Explorer to run the app and see what happens. That might be what's happening. (I think I remember that app not having an installer.) Maybe someone with some experience with that app will chime in to confirm/deny this.

I also have had good luck with PocketWiNc (even though it is a tad expensive for what it does, IMHO - I bought it anyway).

hartgraves
12-17-2004, 01:44 AM
Hello,

WiFiFoFum does require the .Net framework to operate. It's mentioned on the download page. PocketWinC IS a good program, although I do like the radar type screen that FoFum has.

Good Luck :)

Braaman
12-17-2004, 01:58 AM
thanks applejosh. i did just threw it all on there and it worked like a charm. woo! time for some warwalking...