View Full Version : Good case for Ambicom WiFi Compact Flash Card

Mexico
12-16-2004, 04:20 PM
Ok, so I didn't feel like working much this morning, so instead I decided to share with you guys a little treasure I found on my trip to CompUSA in Denver.

I recently purchased an Ambicom WiFi CF Card, and I was pretty bummed that it didn't come with a case, like my old crappy Linksys card did. I wasn't comfortable at all carrying the card in my pocket, and so I started my search for a good case. After some lame attempts to fit the card on several cases for different purposes, I came across this:

http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?product_code=309687&pfp=BROWSE

I bought the one for Compact Flash storage, cut two of the corners off one of the sides (the inside is soft rubber), and it fits like a glove!

http://www.onlinemediacreations.com/assets/images/temporary/PPCT/wificase_and_velcroed_reflector.jpg

If you look at the red circles, you can tell one of the corners is low enough to fit the WiFi Card, but tall enough to still hold a CF card. Also in the above picture I share my lame solution to being able to use my Pocketop keyboard while the h2215 is charging/synchronizing on the cradle: velcro.

Happy Holidays, y'all! :)

Mexico

phs
12-17-2004, 03:18 AM
Hey I noticed your using a Pocketop with your 2210. I also have the Pocketop with the new drivers, but I can't get it to work with my 2210. The response of the keyboard is too slow, and most of the time the keystrokes don't register at all.

Can you tell me what sort of settings or tricks you're using?

Thanks

Mexico
12-17-2004, 09:42 PM
Hey I noticed your using a Pocketop with your 2210. I also have the Pocketop with the new drivers, but I can't get it to work with my 2210. The response of the keyboard is too slow, and most of the time the keystrokes don't register at all.

Can you tell me what sort of settings or tricks you're using?

Thanks

No tricks really. I just installed the drivers and it worked. The mirror needs to be set just at the right angle, and make sure the battery on the keyboard has a good charge. Good luck!

M

doughboy
12-26-2004, 05:57 AM
Mexico,

Thanks so much for the suggestion and mod!

Is there any room at all in the case for your card when it comes to length (it looks pretty tight)? Would a card .05 inches (1.2 mm) longer fit into the case with your modification? I just received my Socket CF WiFi card and was disappointed to find it, too, came without a case. According to the spec sheets, the Socket is .05 in. longer.

Have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year,
Doughboy[/b]

Mexico
12-27-2004, 06:33 AM
"Is there any room at all in the case for your card when it comes to length (it looks pretty tight)? Would a card .05 inches (1.2 mm) longer fit into the case with your modification?"

Hello, Doughboy. I don't think there's much room, but you can actually remove the yellow rubber, which should give you enough space to fit your adapter, and the black part of the case should still be strong enough to offer protection. For $10, I would suggest to give it a try. If it doesn't work, you can always return it or use it for what's actually meant. =)

M