View Full Version : Farewell, Pocket PC Thoughts!

sublime
12-16-2004, 04:55 AM
I have just placed my order for a 40 gig Ipod Photo, and have agreed to sell my HP2210 for $200 to someone else. I am done with Pocket PCs from now on, since my Ipod will give me all that I really need (Calendar and Contacts). This site was great while it lasted. I checked it daily since the day I signed on.

*sniff*

I'll miss you guys! :cry:

Kati Compton
12-16-2004, 05:17 AM
I have just placed my order for a 40 gig Ipod Photo, and have agreed to sell my HP2210 for $200 to someone else. I am done with Pocket PCs from now on, since my Ipod will give me all that I really need (Calendar and Contacts). This site was great while it lasted. I checked it daily since the day I signed on.
Um. As far as I'm aware, we're still here. So we're *still* great. :P

Darius Wey
12-16-2004, 05:28 AM
Um. As far as I'm aware, we're still here. So we're *still* great. :P

:rotfl:

sublime, there's a lot more to this community than Pocket PCs. iPod or not, it's still nice to stick around. :)

Fishie
12-16-2004, 05:51 AM
HeŽl be back.

Jonathon Watkins
12-16-2004, 09:47 AM
sublime, there's a lot more to this community than Pocket PCs. iPod or not, it's still nice to stick around. :)

Do stay. :D We promise not to mock your iPod too loudly. :wink:

dh
12-16-2004, 12:13 PM

*sniff*

I'll miss you guys! :cry:
Why do you have to leave? I have not used a PPC for nearly a year, but still visit here just about every day.

I looked at the iPod photo as well, but I think I'm going to get the Epson P-2000.

Jason Dunn
12-16-2004, 05:48 PM
I have just placed my order for a 40 gig Ipod Photo, and have agreed to sell my HP2210 for $200 to someone else.

You can always come join us at www.digitalmediathoughts.com - we need more active community members over there. :mrgreen:

sublime
12-17-2004, 12:57 AM
Hey! Great thinking! I was there for a bit when I got my camera, but it was a little slow - the forum, not the camera - so I gave up on it. I'll check the forum out again.

:)

Jason Dunn
12-17-2004, 12:59 AM
Hey! Great thinking! I was there for a bit when I got my camera, but it was a little slow - the forum, not the camera - so I gave up on it. I'll check the forum out again.

Yes, it's a bit slow, but if everyone who thought it was slow would post and contribute, it wouldn't be slow. ;-)

sublime
12-17-2004, 02:27 AM
Wow,

Holy wow is that site slow. I see a thread of mine on the first page of threads in the photo section...from months ago.

How about some free givaways or contests to get some more people there? I tell ya what: give me a good DSLR and I'll post there daily. How's that sound? Fair? No? I didn't think so. How about a DSLR anyway? No? Okay then.

:(

Jason Dunn
12-17-2004, 05:25 AM
Holy wow is that site slow. I see a thread of mine on the first page of threads in the photo section...from months ago.

Ok, now you're just being mean. :( Digital Media Thoughts is about nine months old - do you think Pocket PC Thoughts hit 1 million visitors a month after only nine months? No, it took four years. So growing a site takes time - give it a chance. But, yes, we're trying to get more people involved and drive more traffic to the site. The real challenge is getting people talking - lots of voyeurs, people reading the posts, but not that many talking...

JustinGTP
12-18-2004, 02:04 AM
It's a great site Jason - and a really popular topic. The people shall come :)

TheOrange
12-18-2004, 04:59 AM
hmm - I stumbled onto PPC Thoughts a few months back, read it every day since (I suppose I should just get it over with and subscribe). I've been reading DM Thoughts a few times/week since I saw that link a couple weeks ago. There seems to be more activity here, and perhaps rightfully so, since the site caters to a fairly specific brand of geek. I mean, anyone can figure a camera out on their own - even if they aren't using every feature, Pocket PCs can be much more intimidating. Both are great sites, and greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Darius Wey
12-18-2004, 05:05 AM
I've been reading DM Thoughts a few times/week since I saw that link a couple weeks ago. There seems to be more activity here, and perhaps rightfully so, since the site caters to a fairly specific brand of geek. I mean, anyone can figure a camera out on their own - even if they aren't using every feature, Pocket PCs can be much more intimidating. Both are great sites, and greatly appreciated.

Nice point, but it is worth stipulating that Digital Media Thoughts is still very new. In its lifespan, it almost has the same number of posts as Smartphone Thoughts, and the latter has been around for longer than the former. Digital Media Thoughts, in a sense, caters for a wide range of technology, while Pocket PC Thoughts and Smartphone Thoughts are largely specific on mobile devices. I expect Digital Media Thoughts to keep growing and within a couple of years, there will be the same amount of traffic on it as Pocket PC Thoughts has today.

FrozenIpaq
12-18-2004, 02:08 PM
I would just have stuck with pocket pc because no one is going ot use a 40 GB song drive all up, when in pocket pc just by a 2 gb expansion,

dh
12-19-2004, 06:09 PM
The real challenge is getting people talking - lots of voyeurs, people reading the posts, but not that many talking...
Jason, I think that the editors and others over there could help by getting more involved in some of the threads.

I just looked at the threads there and many just die after a couple of posts, some have only one. If the editors, reviewers, etc. were to keep the threads alive, more people would be inclined to join in.

One of the nice things with PPCT is the sense of community. I believe that having more active "conversations" would help develop that with DMT as well.

OSUKid7
12-19-2004, 06:11 PM
I would just have stuck with pocket pc because no one is going ot use a 40 GB song drive all up, when in pocket pc just by a 2 gb expansion,You don't think people have 40 GB of music? I don't, but I know many who do, and fill there iPod up right away.

TheOrange
12-20-2004, 04:08 AM
You don't think people have 40 GB of music? I don't, but I know many who do, and fill there iPod up right away.

I only have 38 GB :cry: so I can't quite justify the expense of an iPod just yet. Besides, I just picked up a 1 GB SD card, that should be all I need for media storage on my PPC. When I'm at home I just stream it from my PC.