View Full Version : keybaord suggestions?

Redart
12-15-2004, 08:48 PM
Just got my Axim x50v and am looking for a fold-up keyboard for travel use. Bluetooth keyboard questions: do they use a lot of battery? I assume so. Will airlines permit use of bluetooth equipment during flight? What happens to your keyboard connection when you encounter another network? I'd settle for a cabled keyboard. IR seems like it would be hard to arrange in cramped quarters and keep a connection. Any recommendations on type and or brand would be appreciated.

Sven Johannsen
12-16-2004, 06:38 AM
Just got my Axim x50v and am looking for a fold-up keyboard for travel use. Bluetooth keyboard questions: do they use a lot of battery? I assume so. Will airlines permit use of bluetooth equipment during flight? What happens to your keyboard connection when you encounter another network? I'd settle for a cabled keyboard. IR seems like it would be hard to arrange in cramped quarters and keep a connection. Any recommendations on type and or brand would be appreciated.

Only two choices at this point, BT and IR since no X50 connector specific keyboards are out.
No, you can't technically use BT on airplanes at this point. It's a radio transmitter.

Yea IR is a pain to use IMHO.

I'd wait a bit to see what comes out that is a direct connect if you can