View Full Version : Carrier Devices Releases BT Patch For i-Mate PDA2K

Janak Parekh
12-15-2004, 04:00 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.clubimate.com/index.asp?PageAction=DEVICE_PDA2K_BT' target='_blank'>http://www.clubimate.com/index.asp?...DEVICE_PDA2K_BT</a><br /><br /></div>Carrier Devices just released an update that addresses a number of Bluetooth issues on the PDA2K (their version of the HTC Blue Angel). If anyone has tried it, let us know if it solves the Bluetooth headset dropouts; if it does that will remove one of the few serious niggles about the device. 8)

Paragon
12-15-2004, 04:03 PM
Yup! It seems to work as advertised for me, Janak. There is a thread on The HowardForums discussing it.

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?s=&amp;threadid=518984&amp;perpage=15&amp;pagenumber=1

Dave

Birdman
12-15-2004, 04:07 PM
Dave, did you get your battery issued fixed up? Are you back in business with the PDA2K or is still in your "bad books"?

Paragon
12-15-2004, 04:30 PM
Dave, did you get your battery issued fixed up? Are you back in business with the PDA2K or is still in your "bad books"?

No, my battery doesn't hold a charge properly, and takes forever to charge. The device just plain shuts off on me in the middle of doing something. It takes at least a soft reset to get it back, occasionally it hard resets. It hasn't gone completely dead and not come back on like it did a week or so ago. I'm waiting for someone to start shipping batteries, and hoping to hold out for the new ROM to appear in hopes that reflashing it will help. I've given up on their support. I can't get them to answer an email about warranty. Their online support sucks, and that is being polite. If I could get an answer from them about warranty it takes weeks to sends it to Dubai, and back.......AAArrrggg...ROGERS PLEASE HEAR ME! Start selling data devices.!!

It's a great device though. I'm unfortunately in the small group of folks with anything but minor problems. I don't want to give anyone the idea that the problem I'm having is wide spread.......support on the other hand.....:evil:

Dave

urologyhealth
12-15-2004, 04:35 PM
I am considering getting the Siemenns SX66 from Cingular wireless which just came out. It is supposedly a rebranded blue angel.

I wonder if it will have same problems and if one could download patches from Club Imate.,

I would hope they reworked all this but who knows.

I'm wondering if anyone has used this new device.

Paragon
12-15-2004, 05:08 PM
I am considering getting the Siemenns SX66 from Cingular wireless which just came out. It is supposedly a rebranded blue angel.

I wonder if it will have same problems and if one could download patches from Club Imate.,

It is the same device.....less the camera, apparently

To sign in to Clubimate for patches and so on you need to have an i-Mate IMEI number.

They are starting to land in people's hands today by the looks of it. I've see several people mention that their device was shipped on Friday.

As to whether or not the SX66 will have the same Bluetooth problems as the i-mate...ask what the Bluetooth build is. The original build for the i-Mate was 2200. The new builds are 3000, and 3500. If it has one of these you should be in the clear.

Dave

stevew
12-15-2004, 05:11 PM

I'm wondering also if the patch is for the Cingular Siemens sx 66. I understand the i-mate PDA2k is marketed under a few different names.

urologyhealth
12-15-2004, 05:16 PM
How would I check the bluetooth build when in the store before purchase?

Thanks

Paragon
12-15-2004, 05:17 PM
I'm wondering also if the patch is for the Cingular Siemens sx 66. I understand the i-mate PDA2k is marketed under a few different names.

Actually Steve, the sx66 and PDA2k i-Mate by Carrier Devices are both Blue Angels produced by HTC. The Siemens sx66, and the i-Mate PDA2k are separately branded....Carrier Devices only brands the i-Mate, not the sx66.

Dave

leeladisky
12-16-2004, 12:25 AM
Can someone please send me the build... I have the Sprint version of this device with a 2300 version of the build that has this problem... Isn't this device also known as the Harrier???

Lee

PS my email:

[email protected]

urologyhealth
12-16-2004, 01:44 AM
Someone on Howard Forums posted this:

The Bluetooth build is : version 1.0.0 build 2400

I have tested it with both the Motorola 820, and the Jabra 250 headsets they require bluetooth 1.1

both work fine

I'd appreciate Dave's comments

JS

Paragon
12-16-2004, 02:31 AM
Someone on Howard Forums posted this:

The Bluetooth build is : version 1.0.0 build 2400

I have tested it with both the Motorola 820, and the Jabra 250 headsets they require bluetooth 1.1

both work fine

I'd appreciate Dave's comments

JS

He later mentions in another post that the call is coming through on the speaker as well as the headset. This could be an isolated case. Several people using O2 XDAiis's have installed it on their devices as well, without issue. If you aren't in a big hurry I would give it a day or so to see what shacks out. Keep in mind that this patch is installed to RAM, so you can, and should do a backup before, and if it doesn't work for you, you can do a restore.

Dave

urologyhealth
12-16-2004, 04:10 AM
I was planning to wait a couple of weeks now before I purchase it and follow the forums. I had the XDAII and enjoyed it a lot.

I would see what versions of all the items are and consider doing all the updates before installing any software.

Thanks for your input.