View Full Version : Using Tweaks2k2 to save Avantgo files to memory card

Jasmine
12-15-2004, 02:23 AM
I've just purchased two new memory cards (512MB SD + 1GB CF) for my new hx4705. I also recently purchased Tweaks2k2 and have upgraded to Tweaks 3.0. The next step is obviously to use Tweaks2k2 shift my Dockware images and Avantgo files to a storage card to free up space.

I moved my Dockware images, and that worked fine. But I can't work out the Avantgo stuff!! It's driving me nuts because now I can't get Avantgo to work at all!! :frusty:

Here's what I did:
1. Selected 'save Avantgo files in = SD card'
2. Soft reset
3. Moved the \Windows\Avantgo folder to the SD card
4. Went to ActiveSync on the desktop, then to Avantgo settings, then to Properties and selected 'Refresh all content at next sync'
5. Attempted to resync my iPAQ

I couldn't get it to work :( so I started messing around and ended up deleting all the Avantgo stuff on my iPAQ and reinstalling Avantgo. Now I fear it's all in a mess. :cry:

Can someone please help? :worried:

Thanks,

Jasmine

Jasmine
12-15-2004, 02:30 AM
I'm now trying to re-install Avantgo and getting the following error message: "There was an error installing the Avantgo Integrated Client. Please uninstall the Avantgo Integrated Client, reset your device, and try again." :(

How do I uninstall Avantgo properly? It's not in my 'Remove Programs' list, so all I could guess was to delete the Avantgo Integrated folder??

I Googled the error message, but all the results were in other languages and unfortunately I only speak English, so I couldn't understand them.

Does anyone have any advice?

Jasmine

Stephen Beesley
12-15-2004, 11:24 AM
I've just purchased two new memory cards (512MB SD + 1GB CF) for my new hx4705. I also recently purchased Tweaks2k2 and have upgraded to Tweaks 3.0. The next step is obviously to use Tweaks2k2 shift my Dockware images and Avantgo files to a storage card to free up space.

I moved my Dockware images, and that worked fine. But I can't work out the Avantgo stuff!! It's driving me nuts because now I can't get Avantgo to work at all!! :frusty:

Here's what I did:
1. Selected 'save Avantgo files in = SD card'
2. Soft reset
3. Moved the \Windows\Avantgo folder to the SD card
4. Went to ActiveSync on the desktop, then to Avantgo settings, then to Properties and selected 'Refresh all content at next sync'
5. Attempted to resync my iPAQ

I couldn't get it to work :( so I started messing around and ended up deleting all the Avantgo stuff on my iPAQ and reinstalling Avantgo. Now I fear it's all in a mess. :cry:

Can someone please help? :worried:

Thanks,

Jasmine

Not sure if this helps, but I had a similiar problem when trying to use Tweak2k2 to save Avantgo files to my CF card. I found that the problem was that Tweak2k2 expeted the card to be called "storage card" and so set the registry to store the files in "\Storage Card\Avantgo". However, on the Toshiba e755 the CF slot is actually labled "CF Card" so the directory was all wrong.

In the end I went in using a registry editor and changed the setting myself to "\CF Card\Avantgo" and then everything worked fine.

As I said not sure if you are having a similiar problem but HTH.