View Full Version : HELP URGENT

kostyan
12-14-2004, 01:49 AM
Hi guys!
I downloaded some game for pocketpc, tried to open it but get an error: there is no application associated with"name of game
'. ok, i see it has zip extension, now i go and download pocketrar.exe, try to execute it and get an error: pocketrar330.exe is not a valid pocket pc application.
i'm confused.
PLEASE help.

Janak Parekh
12-14-2004, 02:00 AM
Chances are you need to open the Zip file on the PC, not the Pocket PC, and follow the instructions inside it.

--janak

FrozenIpaq
12-14-2004, 02:08 AM
Its probably got a Windows Installer in it and would require unziping it on your computer by right clicking and selecting unzip, or extract and then run the setup. If it is a CAB File, then you must transfer it onto you PPC and run it from there. Hope this helps

kostyan
12-14-2004, 02:08 AM
Chances are you need to open the Zip file on the PC, not the Pocket PC, and follow the instructions inside it.

--janak

ok, i unzipped files on my pc, now how to transfer them to pocketpc?

JayM
12-14-2004, 02:16 AM

I'm going to say this and don't take it the wrong way.

"read your manual"

:D

kostyan
12-14-2004, 02:23 AM

I'm going to say this and don't take it the wrong way.

"read your manual"

:D

ok wrote the manual, tried to install microsoft activesync 3.5 on my toshiba laptop, but couldn't. executed the file msasync.exe but it did nothing.... no follow up screens or anything
anybody had such problem?

Kati Compton
12-14-2004, 02:45 AM
1. Which ipaq do you have?
2. Have you ever connected it to a PC?
3. Is this the first time you tried to install ActiveSync?
4. When you say "tried to install... but couldn't", what exactly happened?

JayM
12-14-2004, 02:47 AM
Try the most recent version of Activesync 3.7.1

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/downloads/activesync37.mspx

Install activesync, sync your Pocket PC with your Laptop, then install the game "on your laptop", Then sync again (it should start a install on your PPC). That should do it. If not I cant help without knowing more of your config.

kostyan
12-14-2004, 02:48 AM
Thanks guy, got everyhting working.
one more thing, how do i open .cab files?

Kati Compton
12-14-2004, 02:53 AM
You can transfer them directly over to the PPC and click on them in File Explorer to execute...

Darius Wey
12-14-2004, 02:56 AM
Alternatively, you can use a program called CabInstl if you want to instruct it to install to a specific place on your device. By default, tapping on a .CAB file will make it install to its default folder in Program Files. This doesn't do justice if you want to install your program to a storage card, for example.

Also, the PocketRAR application has to be installed through ActiveSync. But it seems like you already got that working.