View Full Version : Newbie: Cingular and Bluetooth

mdbuchman
12-13-2004, 01:11 PM
Hello,

I am kind of new to the world of Pocket PCs and my wife is getting me an IPAQ 3115 and Bluetooth GPS for Christmas (cannot wait!). I had one of the FIRST generation pocket PCs a long time ago, but man have they came a long way!

Anyways I was playing around in Best Buy with their demo model and noticed that to setup your handhelp for internet access via cell phone is pretty straight forward...I even linked it to my cell phone for a minute and they saw each other. My question is it asks for a name, phone number and password and I do not know what to put in here (sorry if this has already been answered I did a search and found information for just about every carrier but Cingular).

I have a data plan on my phone and use GPRSS and was thinking I could just use that but I cannot find any information, I even asked my cingular store and they looked at me dazed and confused and pretty much said I was on my own :(

I am hoping that I can connect to the internet with my pocket pc via my cell phone, maybe this is not possible with cingular?

Thanks,
Markus

piperpilot
12-13-2004, 03:58 PM
Cingular's customer service should be able to help you out with this. I have AT&T Wireless and had to call their customer service people in order to get the number. They had me up and running in just a few minutes.

cudadown
12-21-2004, 05:13 AM
Hello. First time posting. I have just received a new Ipaq rx3715 and am using a motorola v600 bluetooth phone on Cingular. Because I have just gone through with finding out the proper settings I figured I would let you have what I found.

Number: *99#
Name: [email protected]
Password : CINGULAR1

These settings work perfectly for me. I found them thtough some forums I stumbled across.

kellybelly
12-23-2004, 01:02 AM
Here's what works for me (IPAQ 4155, Moto v600, Cingular):

Number: *99***1#
Name: [email protected]
Pswd: CINGULAR1

Under Advanced... >> General:
Extra dial-string modem commands:
+cgdcong=1,"IP","wap.cingular"

Play around with the settings (such as change the 1 above to a 2 or 3); it took me a bit to find something that worked.