View Full Version : Newbie Question Picture Files to CF Card on x50V?

jrc50
12-12-2004, 01:08 AM
Ok,
I realize this is a stupid question but I have looked at the Microsoft Moblie site and it does not answer it, nor does Dell's, nor does the device.
How do I direct download of photos from my PC My Pictures/Documents to the CF card on my X50v? Right or left click does not show CF card.
I can transfer files sent to main device memory to the card, but then have to delete them, and would quickly overwhelm device memory if I did not.
Thanks!!!

Darius Wey
12-12-2004, 04:01 AM
There are three main ways you can do this.

(1) If you have a card reader attached to your computer, you only need to remove the CF card from the X50v and insert it into the card reader. From there, Windows will recognise it as a removable disk drive and all you need to do is copy and paste the pictures from "My Pictures" to the removable disk drive.

(2) If you have an ActiveSync connection established, navigate to "My Computer", and double-click the "Mobile Device" icon. If you navigate to the root level by double-clicking "My Pocket PC", you should see a "folder" called "Storage Card", or "CF Card", or something along the lines of that (it varies from device to device). That should be your CF card, and again, all you need to do is copy and paste the pictures from point A to point B.

(3) If you have a network established, say through Bluetooth, you can right-click the picture file in "My Pictures", and click on "Send To > Bluetooth Device". It's pretty straightforward from there on. You just need to make sure your device is able to accept incoming file transfers.

jrc50
12-12-2004, 05:31 PM
Thanks for the help, sounds like the simplest way is to get a card reader for the CF and SD cards.

Darius Wey
12-13-2004, 04:59 AM
Thanks for the help, sounds like the simplest way is to get a card reader for the CF and SD cards.

Yes, and they are relatively cheap too. I just got myself an 18-in-1 card reader for about A$25.

Ripper014
12-13-2004, 05:46 AM
Forget simple... its the best way because it is the quickest... Especially once you start moving audio and video files...