View Full Version : Sales reps use of a Pocket PC

peterac
12-11-2004, 11:08 PM
Hi,

I am a medical sales rep. I have used a PPC in the past. I am interested in purchasing a new one and making it work this time. I found that I bounced back and forth from PPC to a paper-based method for calendar, contacts, notes, etc. Right now I am paper-based and want to go full force with a PPC.

I think that adding someting like AF or PI will help with the calendar and contact management aspects of my daily life, however, I very often meet with different clients and take notes during our meetings. I have found that it works best to take notes in my paper-based planner and keep a separate "client record" for each customer. This is where I can't imagine making the PPC work. I have heard of electronic pen-based methods that will download handwritten notes into Outlook, etc. Do these work?

What I am asking for is some advice for my situation as well as any personal experiences from others who use their PPC in a similar fashion.

Thanks and Happy Holidays.

Pete R.
Malverne, NY

jimski
12-12-2004, 08:18 AM
Don't know if this will help, but I use something called Journal Pro (DSR Tech - $21.99) to take notes on my PPC. You can setup seperate files or maintain one file with multiple folders. The full version includes a desktop companion allowing you to sync notes with a desktop. It's a simple app without many frills but it just works.

You could also use CLC Journal (Crown Logic - $39.95) to make Journal entries and sync with Outlook. Journal will allow you to associate entries with specific contacts.

I am sure there are other options, but these work for me and I have not had written a note in several years.