View Full Version : Backup utilility that will back up storage cards

Stephen Beesley
12-11-2004, 08:37 PM
After a losing all the data in the My Documents folder of my CF card recently I have been wondering about my options (apart from manually copying the contents of my CF card to the desktop every now and then) for keeping it backed up in case of another problem.

Ideally what I am after is a backup utility that will back up the contents of the flash ROM storage and Storage cards as well as the main memory. Even better would be one that allowed you to select what you wanted backed up and/or restored.

Am I asking for to much? Anyone got any suggestions?

Ripper014
12-11-2004, 09:38 PM
Sprite Backup has this function....

Darius Wey
12-12-2004, 04:17 AM
If you're willing to subject your Pocket PC to beta-testing, try Spb Clone (http://www.spbsoftwarehouse.com/support/beta.php?en). :)

Stephen Beesley
12-12-2004, 01:44 PM
Sprite Backup has this function....

That is what I thought, but after insalling the evaluation version I cannot work out how this is done - must be missing something obvious....

drowe
12-12-2004, 02:35 PM
You have to have the Premium version. It installs a PC component that resides in the system tray. You can configure it to automatically backup on a time schedule or do it manually. You can also tell it to backup just main memory, file store, and/or the sd card. I've been using it since I got my PPC, highly recommended!

zilla31
12-13-2004, 05:04 PM
yeah in sprite backup premium's "options" (from the system tray) just unclick the "non-volitile storate" check box in the "exclude" section. i had the same issue you did and my card corrupted - now i use sprite backup to backup EVERYTHING, EVERYDAY :)

Stephen Beesley
12-13-2004, 11:38 PM
yeah in sprite backup premium's "options" (from the system tray) just unclick the "non-volitile storate" check box in the "exclude" section. i had the same issue you did and my card corrupted - now i use sprite backup to backup EVERYTHING, EVERYDAY :)

Thanks - I think this is the approach I will be following from now on!

Strangely, I managed to recover just about all the files from my Card (using a variety of apps) except for the two files I actually wanted - just no sign of them.

Oh well life goes on and I will just make damn sure the same doesn't happen again!