View Full Version : Need Help with Arvale

piperpilot
12-11-2004, 03:05 PM
Help! The PDA Mill forums are down and I'm getting desperate. I have woken the Kytar dragon but can't find a way out of the Chartreuse Forest. I have no major health potions left and am running low on magic and weapons. Anyone know how to get out of this place?

Ripper014
12-11-2004, 09:45 PM
I see you are desperate... I see you posting everywhere... if the game is this good I think it is time I started playing it. It has been on my device for weeks... I was just waiting for an opportunity to give it a go.

piperpilot
12-12-2004, 12:51 AM
It is, indeed, good. And yes, I am desperate. I don't save multiple games, so if I can't get out of this fix, I have to start the whole game over again and I'm well over 10 hours into it. I think I've seen the light about multiple game saves.

Dave Beauvais
12-12-2004, 07:24 PM
Help! The PDA Mill forums are down and I'm getting desperate. ...
Just FYI, according to this post (http://www.pocketmatrix.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=19711) at PocketMatrix, the new PDAmill forums were hacked. All phpBB admins should really make sure they have the latest patches (http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=240636) installed to help prevent hacks (http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=244451) like this. From what I remember, PDAmill's phpBB installation was 2-3 releases behind, making it vulnerable to a number of possible exploits.

I have woken the Kytar dragon but can't find a way out of the Chartreuse Forest. ...
Unfortunately, I just got to the Kytar continent, so I'm not quite that far along yet. I haven't even seen that forest yet, but if it's anything like the crazy one on the Stygian continent where you think you're going in circles but really aren't, be sure to follow the signs. Of course if there are no signs to follow, please feel free to tell me to be quiet and play the game first before offering help. ;)

Good luck! If I get to where you are anytime soon, I'll post some hints.

piperpilot
12-13-2004, 01:50 PM
Unfortunately, there aren't any sign posts in this forest, but I was finally able to get out and limp back to town. I now have plenty of health potions to get me through some protracted battles on the Soneres continent.

Jaybot
12-14-2004, 03:17 AM
The forums are back up, but I'll try to answer you here anyway :)

Help! The PDA Mill forums are down and I'm getting desperate. I have woken the Kytar dragon but can't find a way out of the Chartreuse Forest. I have no major health potions left and am running low on magic and weapons. Anyone know how to get out of this place?

Let's see, you woke up the Kytar dragon, Malzubed, and then you left the underground cave by going back to through the Thieve's hideout and now you can't get ack out of the Chartreuse forest?

You should be able to get back out the eact way you came in. Head down (south) from the hideout, which steers you to the left (west) and off the screen. Then head up (north) a little ways and keep heading in the general direction of left (west) and you should make it out eventually. (The exit from the Forest is on the left side of the screen).

If you still feel lost, make it back to the Thieve's hideout and head back to the underground caves. From there you can easily find your way out and back to the overworld by heading north, then east, then south, then east, then north, then east... or something similar; it's very easy find your way out of there :)

Hope that helps!

edit: ah, looks like you made it out anyway, but I'll leave the post just for fun 8)