View Full Version : Problem with Netfront 301 in VGA

Phillip Dyson
12-10-2004, 09:50 PM
Is anyone else having problems with Netfront in VGA?
It renders terribly.

I tried the Hi res hack with the MUI file but now the address bar and favorite lists are out of proportion.

jpf
12-11-2004, 01:07 AM
There's a specific version for toshiba 800s. You bought that one?
Otherwise I would suggest using the brute force vga option in tweaks2k2.net

Phillip Dyson
12-12-2004, 10:21 PM
I didn't realize that there was one specifically for the Toshiba. Where can I find it?

Why does the Toshiba need a special implementation?

Darius Wey
12-13-2004, 04:50 AM
I didn't realize that there was one specifically for the Toshiba. Where can I find it?

Here's (http://www.handango.com/ampp/store/PlatformProductDetail.jsp?siteId=311&platformId=2&productType=2&productId=90142&sectionId=0&catalog=30&topSectionId=-1) a link for it.

Why does the Toshiba need a special implementation?

This "NetFront 3.1 for the Toshiba e800 Series" is actually quite old. When it was released, it was the only real VGA device on the market which is why it was especially designed for that. Now, with a host of VGA devices in the market, obviously, support would be extended to those devices as well. However, I've not tried this release on other VGA devices, but I'd assume it works. The Tweaks2K2 .NET VGA Brute Force hack supposedly makes all the fonts nice and clear in NetFront but IIRC, I don't think it corrects the address bar issue. I noticed the "bloated" address bar issue a year ago when emulating a VGA resolution on my QVGA device, and as far as I can tell, it cannot be rectified easily (although I haven't really looked into a solution yet). I'm waiting on NetFront 3.2 to be released, which I'm hoping will solve these problems.

Phillip Dyson
12-14-2004, 12:15 PM
Rats! No demo. :evil:

How am I even supposed to know if it works?

Darius Wey
12-14-2004, 12:22 PM
Rats! No demo. :evil:

How am I even supposed to know if it works?

I know. There's a catch-22 for you. :P

Anyway, it may help to contact ACCESS on this one. I'm sure they've tested it on other VGA devices before.

Phillip Dyson
12-14-2004, 02:52 PM
Anyway, it may help to contact ACCESS on this one. I'm sure they've tested it on other VGA devices before.

Any idea where their support email address is? I've checked the website and it said that I got one with my "Netfront Package". So I check the browser and its not in About, or Help

Darius Wey
12-14-2004, 03:01 PM
Any idea where their support email address is? I've checked the website and it said that I got one with my "Netfront Package". So I check the browser and its not in About, or Help

Sure... you can use this contact form here (http://www.access-sys-eu.com/Contact_us.21.0.html?&no_cache=1). Hope that helps. :)

Phillip Dyson
12-14-2004, 03:33 PM
Thanks.

Just filled it out and sent it off. Maybe they'll give me a break and not make be repurchase it. Okay I know its not likely. But one can dream.

I also asked about 3.2 ...

Darius Wey
12-14-2004, 03:42 PM
I also asked about 3.2 ...

You mean the release date? It should be Q1 2005, but that's not a guarantee. :)

Menneisyys
03-29-2005, 04:04 PM
The Tweaks2K2 .NET VGA Brute Force hack supposedly makes all the fonts nice and clear in NetFront but IIRC, I don't think it corrects the address bar issue.

Much as this is an old thread, this info may still be worth posting, especially because NF 3.2/3.3 still hasn't been released:

In /Program Files/Netfront3/, copy the 294k NF3ResourceLib.dll to, say, the desktop PC; there, rename it to NF3ResourceVGALib.dll and copy it back to your device, overwriting the old, 769k NF3ResourceVGALib.dll.

The forced VGA hack must be applied to NetFront3.exe in the same directory.

Also, make sure you start NF in Portrait mode if you want to use it in Landscape, and only after the start switch the PPC to Landscape.

See also: http://discussion.brighthand.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=117105

zilla31
03-29-2005, 05:06 PM
so wait we can get netfront into VGA in terms of clarity or in terms of screen real estate? i'd love to get the SE_VGA/OZVGA experience for JUST web browsing (since i don't use either). will the tweaks2k hack hook this up?

thanks!

Menneisyys
03-29-2005, 05:14 PM
so wait we can get netfront into VGA in terms of clarity or in terms of screen real estate? i'd love to get the SE_VGA/OZVGA experience for JUST web browsing (since i don't use either). will the tweaks2k hack hook this up?

thanks!

yes