View Full Version : Palm Sites Like PPCT?

piperpilot
12-09-2004, 06:19 PM
Can someone recommend any Palm-oriented sites like PPCT? I have an office colleague that has a CLIE and was looking around, without much luck, for some sites that he could visit to learn more about his device.

Vidge
12-09-2004, 06:21 PM
Try www.1src.com That's the best place for Clie-related items. You can also check the Palm forums at www.brighthand.com or www.palminfocenter.com

Darius Wey
12-09-2004, 06:22 PM
I think the PPCT flavour is unique in its own right, and you'll probably find it hard looking for a site which has the same characteristics. However, if you're looking for Palm forums, perhaps you could try Brighthand?

Darius Wey
12-09-2004, 06:23 PM
Beat me by a minute. ;)

piperpilot
12-09-2004, 06:28 PM
I should add that his Clie is old, I think. I managed to find that it runs Palm OS 4.1 and was trying to find out if it could be upgraded to the latest OS (or even just a newer OS than 4.1). Gawd those devices seem primitive compared to the PPC!

Jonathon Watkins
12-09-2004, 08:32 PM
I should add that his Clie is old, I think. I managed to find that it runs Palm OS 4.1 and was trying to find out if it could be upgraded to the latest OS (or even just a newer OS than 4.1). Gawd those devices seem primitive compared to the PPC!

Yup, he needs an upgrade. :wink: Get him to get a PPC and come here. We're friendly! :mrgreen:

piperpilot
12-09-2004, 08:36 PM
I know. Believe me, I've been working on him but he's not the type of person that picks up on technology too quickly, so if he is at least showing some sort of interest in the CLIE that he bought at a garage sale, I'm going to work with him on that for the time being, although he did mention that my iPAQ had much better screen resolution and looked more thoughtfully designed than his CLIE. I think there may be hope for him yet!