View Full Version : Custom ringing tones for h6300 ?

tu_tue
12-09-2004, 04:13 AM
Any idea to use custom ringing tone instead of t original .wav
I created my mp3 to wav but can't put inside windows folder cos of t huge file size.
How can i assign ringing tone directory to storage card ?
Help plz :(

h6300 series wm2003

Ultima
12-09-2004, 05:29 AM
The "Windows Movie Maker" that comes with Windows XP is pretty ideal for helping with ringtones, I think. First, two facts:

1. Your 6300 uses WMA or WAVE audio files for ringtones.
2. You're probably not going to let the phone ring for the full 4-6 minutes that your song is. 30 seconds or so should be enough.

So...the solution is this: Use WMA instead of WAVE because it's filesize is a good deal smaller... you can probably slash the bitrate by at least half because, let's be honest here, the speaker on the iPaq will not be blaring out hi-fi audio....and in addition only use the portion of the song that you want for the ringtone, and keep it to about 30 seconds. After about 30 seconds, the person calling will either hang up or be sent to your voicemail.

I used Windows Movie Maker to cut my MP3 and convert it to WMA for my 6300. The 7MB MP3 (320Kbps) which would be around 30MB as a WAVE file total....after I had taken the steps I advise, came out to 250K. That's plenty small enough to put into my Ringtones folder. :)

tu_tue
12-09-2004, 09:43 AM
thank u :D
now i can make tons of tones :wink: