View Full Version : Pass-through PIE from cradle - help!

Clarkster
12-08-2004, 01:36 PM
I have a 2210 connected to my work PC with a miniSync cable. The PC is running W2k with broadband running, all behind a standard "work" firewall.

I'm trying to use PIE using "pass through" on Active Sync. I've been to AS > Options > Rules > Passthrough > The Internet ...without any joy. :cry: I get a "Cannot connect" message box with an option to change my current connection settings. So, taking that route, I choose "Manage Existing Connections" and get a blank list. So, "make new connection", and select a modem (I choose Hayes Compatible COM1"..and then I get a dialup number. So, as I'm on broadband, that's where I give up. 8O

I've only ever used the internet on the 2210 via AvantGo, haven't managed to get BT to work on my Nokia 6310 even though I have a PhD.
But what I really want to do is use the new Weather Central program I saw on the front page of PPCT this morning...surely, a modest goal!

Any help of any kind is extremely welcome!
:D Cheers, Ben

emuelle1
12-08-2004, 01:42 PM
It could be your work. On my last job, there was no way pass through would work at all. I had it working briefly during my first couple days on this job, but I haven't played with it since. If you can get Avantgo to sync at work, you should be able to get through on IE Passthrough. Keep playing with the settings. Make sure that both your connection settings and your Active Sync settings match. I think I had to set mine for "Work Settings" at home to get it to work.

Cybrid
12-08-2004, 02:03 PM
delete the "hayes com 1 connection". It's for cellular cable connections....on that page set the connection to either "internet settings or work."

Clarkster
12-08-2004, 02:20 PM
thanks guys for some quick replies...though I haven't had any success yet. :oops:
At the moment I'm going in (on PPC) through Settings > Connections...then I see "My work network" with options to add new modem, add new VPN, or set up proxy. If I click "Advanced" and then "Network Card" ...I see that my network card connects to Work (I've tried changing this to The Internet, but it's changed back next time I come in), and there's a list of adaptors (Bluetooth, PPTP, AsyncMac, L2TP, NE2000) none of which mean anything to me... 8O

Right guys, what am I doing wrong, and what should I try next?

Appreciate your time...
Ben