View Full Version : Need some help with my h1945 PPC

Sh0t
12-08-2004, 09:42 AM
I'm using a USB cable to connect to ActiveSync. When I connect everything is fine.

I can connect to my PPC from:
"My Computer > Mobile Device"
"Control Panel > Portable Media Devices"
"ActivSync > Explore"

With any of the above I can add or remove any file. I can sync with AvantGo and with my PC. However when I try to install any application it tells me that it is unable to find the device.

Anyone have an idea of what the problem could be?

Darius Wey
12-08-2004, 05:33 PM
With any of the above I can add or remove any file. I can sync with AvantGo and with my PC. However when I try to install any application it tells me that it is unable to find the device.

This may sound like a really stupid question - but how and what are you installing?

Sh0t
12-08-2004, 07:11 PM
Doesn't matter what I install. I've tried to install the Compact Framework required by some apps, I tried to install netfont, as well as the 1940 ROM update from HP. They all get to this

http://pocketpccentral.net/images/help/softinstall/3.jpg

but never find the device. All I do for the install is run the executable then it goes through the standard process.

Sh0t
12-09-2004, 12:18 AM
More info:

While in Activesync and connected I go to tools > add/remove programs. When it searches for the ipaq it cannot find it. It says "There are no device-compatible programs avilible". Again I can still sync, add files from my pc to the ipaq as well as remove files from my pc on the ipaq.

Darius Wey
12-09-2004, 03:53 AM
You could perhaps try deleting your partnership and creating a new one. You may even have to go to the lengths of uninstalling ActiveSync and reinstalling it again. See how that goes.

Sh0t
12-09-2004, 05:29 AM
You could perhaps try deleting your partnership and creating a new one. You may even have to go to the lengths of uninstalling ActiveSync and reinstalling it again. See how that goes.

Yeah, I've tried both. Also tried using a guest partnership and same thing.

Darius Wey
12-09-2004, 07:06 AM

Do you have another computer in which you could try this whole setup again? That way, you can localise the problem to either your current PC or your Pocket PC.

Ripper014
12-09-2004, 07:32 AM
Ok... this may be a stupid question... but which version of software are you trying to load into your device. I don't mean to insult your intelligence... just want to cover the bases...

Sh0t
12-09-2004, 05:01 PM

Do you have another computer in which you could try this whole setup again? That way, you can localise the problem to either your current PC or your Pocket PC.

Hrm... that's actually a good idea. I'll try it on my second comp in a few min.

Ok... this may be a stupid question... but which version of software are you trying to load into your device. I don't mean to insult your intelligence... just want to cover the bases...

No worries, friend :)

I'm using 3.7 Build 3083

Darius Wey
12-09-2004, 05:04 PM
I'm using 3.7 Build 3083

Not that this could be the cause of the problem, but you may want to head on down to Microsoft (http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/downloads/activesync37.mspx) and download the latest 3.71 Build 4034 version. It fixes a few bugs here and there.

Sh0t
12-09-2004, 06:08 PM
Thanks for the help guys.

After hooking it up to my second computer everything installed fine. I was able to install the ROM update that fixed my BTrayCE error that a few people have got.

The only remaining issue I have are my iPAQ file store and Storage card problems. Both of these seem to have been corrupted. Anytime I try to delete a file from either folder the PPC will crash. I've sent a support email into HP to see if they have a fix that does not require me to send it in... but after reading up about the problem from other users I think that is the only solution.

Darius Wey
12-09-2004, 06:18 PM
The only remaining issue I have are my iPAQ file store and Storage card problems. Both of these seem to have been corrupted. Anytime I try to delete a file from either folder the PPC will crash. I've sent a support email into HP to see if they have a fix that does not require me to send it in... but after reading up about the problem from other users I think that is the only solution.

I never had this problem following my 1.10 h1940 ROM update. The storage card problem can be easily solved if you own an external PC-based card reader. Just stick the card in, and format it, and that *should* solve your card corruption problems. The iPAQ File Store, on the other hand, will require some sort of locally-based format utility such as Flash Format by CNetX to be formatted. It's a little strange that you're receiving these corruption issues. Other than my aforementioned suggestions, I can only think a hard reset would help solve the problem. Did these issues arise straight after the update, or after you installed a few programs? Some programs can be the cause of this sort of problem.

Sh0t
12-09-2004, 06:55 PM
The iPAQ File Store, on the other hand, will require some sort of locally-based format utility such as Flash Format by CNetX to be formatted. It's a little strange that you're receiving these corruption issues. Other than my aforementioned suggestions, I can only think a hard reset would help solve the problem. Did these issues arise straight after the update, or after you installed a few programs? Some programs can be the cause of this sort of problem.

I got the PPC from a friend after he got an upgrade so I am unsure of how he corrupted the directories. When I got it from him he did a hard reset so when I first boot the PPC I got the BTrayCE error but was able to bypass it. Then I found the storage problem.

I got tried resco 2003 but cannot find a format feature in it. I then got Storage Tools from wintersoft. When I attempted to format iPAQ file store it crashed. However I successfully formatted my Storage Card. I'll check out Flash Format next.

Thanks for all the help. It is very appreciated.

Sh0t
12-09-2004, 07:04 PM
Ok, so I got Flash Format. Seems it will only work with my storage card and not my iPAQ storage, as it will not show up in any of the drop down menu's.

I guess at this point I am happy with where I am at. Even if I were to successfully format anf fix iPAQ store I do not believe I would even risk using it again anyways lol :)

Again, Thanks a lot for the help.

Darius Wey
12-10-2004, 04:34 AM
No problem. :)

I'll see if I can dig up a fix for you and that blasted File Store problem. ;)