View Full Version : Signal problem with imate

humayunl
12-07-2004, 11:15 AM
I am using the Imate PPCPE with the latest ROM and Radio Stack. The phone has been working fine ever since I've had it (few months now) but since two or three days ago, I have noticed that if I have been in an area where the phone can not find a signal or has very low signal strength (basement or elevator etc.) when I come out into the area where there should be normal (strong) signal strength, even then the phone doesnt automatically find a signal and come back online... instead i still get the antenna with no signal bars until i reset the device.

As far as I can remember I haven't installed any new software in the last week to have caused this.. otherwise I am running Wisbar Advance 2 and Spb Plus and Pocket Breeze and stuff... but all this has been on there for many months but this issue only started in the past couple of days.

Has anyone experienced this with their device? Is it software related or is it hardware? Will a hard reset fix it? Any other experiences?

Jonthepom
12-07-2004, 12:56 PM
I had a similar experience 2weeks ago with my iMate (had it for 10 months). I rely on txt to communicate with deaf members of family and found v inconvenient when although apparant full signal (Vodafone) nothing was happening sending or recieving phone or text. I had walked half way home before hard reset fixed it.

Hope this isn't the beginning of the end. My mate iMate.

humayunl
12-08-2004, 06:36 AM
Well a hard reset seems to have fixed the issue. Now let me try to notice if adding new software affects this.

humayunl
12-14-2004, 10:05 AM
Its still not fixed.

The signal strength is very poor in general. In areas where its supposed to have a FULL signal, its less than full and where the signal is already not so strong, there's no signal. All i get is "SEARCHING" (for signal). Why is this happening? everything was just fine a few weeks ago. :(

Its very annoying because frequently when i look at my phone, I see a "searching" message and everyone's complaining why my phone is always off.

Is this something that can just happen out of the blue in a fully normal phone? It this software related or a hardware issue?

Any similar experiences? any recommendations?