View Full Version : The bad happened to me once again.....

FrozenIpaq
12-06-2004, 10:54 PM
My HP Ipaq 2215 feel from its cradle onto the floor and HARD RESETED. I lost all my school tasks, homework and such, and forgot to back up on sd card like i usually do. I lost all my games/Utilites and no longer have Regs keys so i have to get them again. I am going to kill myslef (not litterally.)

maximus
12-07-2004, 01:30 AM
Oops.

I always thought that 2210 was a very tough device. My wife's 2210 has survived so many tortures (dropped 1 meter directly onto marble floor, crushed between trunk and trunk's door, etc.). The only problem we have with 2210 is the accuracy of the on-screen keyboard.

FrozenIpaq
12-07-2004, 02:13 AM
For me the Onscreen keyboard works fine once i center my stylus, align screen

Brad Adrian
12-07-2004, 03:49 AM
I know that we all realize how important backing up is, and believe me, I've been in your shoes. That's why I really like Sprite's backup program (the full version, not the one that comes with some Pocket PCs). It has a setting that prompts you to backup (to any location/card, including your PC) on the first Activesync of the day.

That way, I don't have to remember to manually initiate a backup.

mf24
12-07-2004, 06:06 PM
This past Saturday I was thinking I hadn't backed up my Toshiba in a while, so I did. Not even 15 minutes later, I picked up my device again and it would not turn on at all. I tried the power switch, every front panel button, and the soft-reset button over and over again to no avail. I had to hard reset and restore from the backup I had just made.

I really dodged a bullet that day. Now I've set Activesync to make my backups automatically.

famousdavis
12-07-2004, 07:29 PM
I know that we all realize how important backing up is, and believe me, I've been in your shoes. That's why I really like Sprite's backup program (the full version, not the one that comes with some Pocket PCs). It has a setting that prompts you to backup (to any location/card, including your PC) on the first Activesync of the day.

That way, I don't have to remember to manually initiate a backup.

Even better (IMHO) is Sprite's scheduled backup. Everyday at 5:30am, my PPC performs a backup onto the SD card. It automatically deletes older backup files, so I don't (usually) run out of space -- I just expect to reserve 100MB on my 1GB card for backup files.

Sweet!

maximus
12-08-2004, 02:00 AM
For me the Onscreen keyboard works fine once i center my stylus, align screen

Did that numerous times already. The problem is when tapping a letter, sometimes other letter near the original got displayed. So when I tapped 'D', I got 'F' or 'G' ... Very annoying at times.

uzetaab
12-09-2004, 01:40 PM
Maybe you should switch to a handwriting Recogniser. you might get more accuracy with some practice.