View Full Version : Avantgo on IPAQ 4150...what is it and can i delete it.....

dibbs26
12-06-2004, 04:45 PM
Hi,
Re the above, could somebody tell what this piece of s/ware is....it seems very American and seeing as I am a UK guy I have no need for it really. My prob is trying to delete it.....i have tried going into remove programs but it does not seem to be listed in there....
Cheers

Darius Wey
12-06-2004, 04:55 PM
Hi,
Re the above, could somebody tell what this piece of s/ware is....it seems very American and seeing as I am a UK guy I have no need for it really. My prob is trying to delete it.....i have tried going into remove programs but it does not seem to be listed in there....
Cheers

It's a personalised service that delivers customisable content to your device. It's hard to explain - but you need to have a look at it yourself to know what it is.

Link: http://www.avantgo.com/frontdoor/index.html

okanrua
12-06-2004, 05:48 PM
its cool and definately not only American. its a kind of offline surfing software. there are a few thousands of channels which tou can download to your pocket pc and check them even if you are not online. i use it to read the news especially. u can download the guardian for ex. and in every time you sync your ppc u ll find updated news. thats all. i recommend it.

Sven Johannsen
12-06-2004, 08:17 PM
And no, you can't get rid of it. It is in the ROM. Just don't install any updates if you aren't going to use it.

dibbs26
12-06-2004, 10:38 PM
Thanks for the tips guys..............I have decided to subscribe to avantgo..........its not so bad after all...

cheers for the help :D

buss
12-06-2004, 11:45 PM
And no, you can't get rid of it. It is in the ROM. Just don't install any updates if you aren't going to use it.

I own a 415X and I can say with certainty that Avantgo is not in the ROM for this unit.