View Full Version : X50 body..rubber or plastic?

Foo Fighter
12-05-2004, 03:50 PM
I'm trying to get an answer to this question and haven't yet found it. I know the sides of the handheld are rubber, but what about the front and back? From what I've seen the back looks like black plastic because it has stamped artifacts, like the Dell logo. Can someone clue me in as to what parts of the X50 are rubber vs. which parts are plastic.

Also, is the rubber SOLID, like the X5 series? Or is it some spray on coating like the Zire 72?

Thanks.

Sven Johannsen
12-05-2004, 05:50 PM
What gives you the idea it has any rubber at all? As far as I can tell it is all plastic. Shiney black plastic on the top and bottom front. Silver plastic front/sides, and dull black plasic back. The silver and black are much like that on my 4155, though the back of it is more gray. The back has that soft feel that a lot of pens have but it is actually hard. Pushing on it with a stylus makes no discernable indentation. I personally don't think it looks or feels fragile or cheap though. There are a couple of litle rubber feet at the top of the back which keeps it from sliding around on a smooth table.