View Full Version : Active sync 3.7.1 hanging...

Gearhead
12-05-2004, 03:04 PM
Yesterday I developed and issue where my iPAQ (3955 w/ PPC 2002 and Franlin Covey Plan Plus 1.0) will not finish a sync? It gets to the end of a sync and then just hangs... It updates everything, but then does not stop. This keeps any new updates while in the cradle from being sync'ed? Where do I go? It just started yesterday...

Darius Wey
12-05-2004, 04:24 PM
What ActiveSync components do you have turned on at the moment?

Gearhead
12-05-2004, 04:29 PM
Calendar
Contacts
Daily Record
FC tasks
Inbox
Files
Avantgo

I hope this is what you were looking for...

Darius Wey
12-05-2004, 04:33 PM
Calendar
Contacts
Daily Record
FC tasks
Inbox
Files
Avantgo

I hope this is what you were looking for...

That's exactly what I was looking for. I suggest you try turning off one component at a time, and try and work out the culprit that is causing the synchronisation problems. If the problem still resides, let us know. :)

Gearhead
12-05-2004, 04:51 PM
I will give that a shot... I think it is all related to my running XP on an older machine, using the oldest version of plan Plus, and the like... Just as a hot-rodder would, I can't bear to dump the old girl so I keep adding new parts instead of buying a new machine. Anyone can do that right?!

Darius Wey
12-05-2004, 05:00 PM
Just as a hot-rodder would, I can't bear to dump the old girl so I keep adding new parts instead of buying a new machine. Anyone can do that right?!

:rotfl:

Technically yes... But there's always a point when it's no longer a cost-effective solution. :)

Gearhead
12-05-2004, 05:08 PM
I agree, and this is definately not a 32 Deuce Coupe that will live forever... The problem is that I guy like me does not like to budget for a desk machine, he would rather budget for a Street-Machine...

Gearhead
12-05-2004, 06:34 PM
OK -

It is the tasks within Frankline Covey. I have tried to uninstall and re-install, and it did not work... Short of a hard-reset, not sure what options I have.

Darius Wey
12-05-2004, 06:39 PM
OK -

It is the tasks within Frankline Covey. I have tried to uninstall and re-install, and it did not work... Short of a hard-reset, not sure what options I have.

Do you have another computer with ActiveSync installed? See if you can establish a partnership with another computer and synchronise these FC tasks. This is just a measure worth employing to see if it's a PC-related problem, or PPC-related.

Ed Hansberry
12-05-2004, 08:21 PM
Yesterday I developed and issue where my iPAQ (3955 w/ PPC 2002 and Franlin Covey Plan Plus 1.0) will not finish a sync? It gets to the end of a sync and then just hangs... It updates everything, but then does not stop. This keeps any new updates while in the cradle from being sync'ed? Where do I go? It just started yesterday...
If you have XP, sometimes the easiest thing to so is a system restore to the day before this started happening. You won't lose any data, but you might have to reinstall or reconfigure any apps installed or modified since the creation time of thelrestore point.

Gearhead
12-05-2004, 09:27 PM
Hmmh... Did that, it said nothing had changed. I am sure I will figure it out, but it soundsa lot like a complete hard-reset of the iPAQ and re-install of Outlook and the Covey software.