View Full Version : HP bt headphones

fivepetpalace
12-05-2004, 07:01 AM
OK, the other threads are just to long ... so here ...simple!

shawnc
12-05-2004, 02:54 PM
No option for "I am receiving as a Xmas gift and can't wait till 12/25".......or something along those lines :) .

fivepetpalace
12-06-2004, 04:35 PM
Wow, nobody has them yet ???

foebea
12-07-2004, 06:51 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v603/foebea/phones.jpg

These headphones are a godsend for me. When i combine these with an ipaq stand (metal clothes hanger covered in network cable, compensates for the angled side of the ppc to make it level) I can watch movies comfortably from a cafe without fear of launching the ppc for a short and damaging flight due to wire mismanagement.

In reading other peoples reactions, i see individual results may vary, but they get a 9 from me. Would be a 10 if my ipaq had more ram, (it takes alot to run phones and betaplayer running a 400kbps movie with a 16 meg buffer). If i had 128 ram it would be perfect all the time. My requirements for my next ppc have just been upgraded to include: must have at least 128 megs ram, and must be compatible with bt headphones.

edit: side note, the bluetooth light is a bit too conspicuous in the dark; it lights up an entire room just about. A bit of black elec tape or maybe a spot of dry erase marker would fix it or make it darker. I wish it had a dimming switch. I don't mind advertising that im using bluetooth, but i don't want to blind people and become an annoyance.

delfuhd
12-07-2004, 02:08 PM
I've got them, and absolutely adore them. Pairing is extremely simple, and I've only recieved a drop in audio once, which I am not picky about, since I don't have to reach down into my pocket to change tracks or volume.

They're wonderful. Perfect audio quality.

fivepetpalace
12-14-2004, 09:49 PM
I was going to order them today from hp, but they are out of stock!

TheOrange
12-14-2004, 10:05 PM
an ipaq stand (metal clothes hanger covered in network cable, compensates for the angled side of the ppc to make it level) I can watch movies comfortably from a cafe without fear of launching the ppc for a short and damaging flight due to wire mismanagement.

That is inspired! I know what I am doing when I get home.

foebea
12-15-2004, 06:17 AM
It absolutly is inspired . . by blue tooth keyboards. I always longs for a stand of somekind, but never really bothered with it because none really suitted my needs. Along comes Bluetooth keyboards and I came THIS close to buying one, just for the stand. Then i got this idea; its adjustable, so i can set it on a shelf at work and it is at about 87 degree angle, almost straight up, or on a table top at about 25 degrees.

I leave the tips of the stand open so I can put the tip of the stylus in either side when im not using it. all in all i am extremely satisfied with them and now have 4 of them. Best of all is it can be adjusted to accomadate landscape or portait, and it accomodates for the uneven build of the 2215 ipaq. also, it easily folds up to fit in a coat pocket. It doesnt break, if it is too far out of shape, just straighten it and rebend. Easy!

I wish I could front page this thing somehow, because its cake to make, and i bet alot of people could benifit from it.

Another project I am working on is a floor stand.
I was sitting in my beanbag lounger watching a movie, arms all scrunched up so i could see the screen at a comfertable angle and distance and I thought of my car gps mount. the one with the bendable arm, such as those you get with cheap bedside lamps. So i want to have a heavy base and study but bendable arm coming out of it, say, bout 50 inches long. Study enough that i could tap on the ipaq without it moving a foot away from the pressure, just enough to keep it in place.

Look Ma, No Hands!

Its tough to find the bendable arm thingie, but I am looking for a microphone stand which has this and will find some way to make it work.

I will post pictures when complete.

fivepetpalace
12-30-2004, 06:22 PM
Yeah I just installed my new BT Headphones!!!

The best part is that the system sounds are changed to a much more pleasant tone when the headphones are connected.

marcm
12-30-2004, 07:45 PM
It would be nice if they were compatible with my X30... *sigh* :cry:

shawnc
12-30-2004, 10:41 PM
I picked "Have and OK". First of all, the convenience and sound quality of these things is great. It's my 1st experience with BT and installing the drivers as well as connecting/paring the device is very simple. So far it works flawlessly. I had a pretty intense (for me anyway) run the other day and no sound drops or static.

Now for the bad. There may be some technical reason that escapes me, but HP's decision to make a non-adjustable set of headphones is just beyond bizarre. Do they really think that everyone has the same size head :?: ? It's not that they don't stay on your head as much as it is a question of comfort. Also, because of my headsize the earpiece doesn't fit flush on my ears allowing sound to seep out and disturb anyone close by. While that is my only complaint, it is significant enough that if I hadn't received them as a Xmas gift I would probably return them in hopes that some other manufacturer will release a set soon.

Love the concept, not pleased with HP's execution.

klas77
01-03-2005, 12:57 PM
I see a lot of folks already has these headphones, while I still had to choose the option considering. The reason is simple - I'm using a H1940 and from the specifications on HP's website it isn't exactly clear whether H1940 is supported or not. Haven't been able to find a store where I could test compatibility yet. Does anyone know whether they're compatible or not!? :?:

THX!

cab124
01-03-2005, 09:25 PM
How might these head phones hold up to the bouncing and sweat associated with jogging? Are the ear pads replacable?

fivepetpalace
01-03-2005, 09:35 PM
How might these head phones hold up to the bouncing and sweat associated with jogging? Are the ear pads replacable?

Because of the behind the head design, I don't think they are suitable for jogging, I think they would bounce off.

shawnc
01-04-2005, 12:17 AM

Because of the behind the head design, I don't think they are suitable for jogging, I think they would bounce off.

You know what, that was a concern of mine as well but surprisingly they stay reasonably in-place. It's not the best fit and I do find myself doing the occassional adjustment, but for the most part they work fine. It's just a different feel that takes a little getting used to. And I've taken them on a few hard (for me anyway) runs with very little problems.

Also, the earpads are replaceable and they ship with an extra set.

Anthony3000
01-04-2005, 01:05 AM
http://www.hackaday.com/entry/1234000010025644/

AHEM.

surur
01-04-2005, 01:42 AM

AHEM.

By far not the same thing. We are talking about CD quality stereo audio, not AM quality mono :)

Surur

Sven Johannsen
01-04-2005, 06:44 PM

AHEM.

By far not the same thing. We are talking about CD quality stereo audio, not AM quality mono :)

Surur

Yes not the same thing. That hack let you use headsets, mic/earphone, on some, not all, iPaqs. This thread is about stereo headphones, specifically for all (almost) ipaqs. It does this by having you install an entirely new BT stack it seems, with Advanced Audio Data Profile, to support the headset...but it also adds an HID profile it seems in the BT connection manager wizard. Here comes the rant part...
So why doesn't the HID profile support HPs BT keyboard? It loads it's own driver.
If it is that easy to add a stereo headphone profile, why hasn't the headset/handsfree profile been offered, for those ipaqs that won't even work with the hack. Why wasn't that just included with the headphone update?

Thanks for listening