View Full Version : Ipaq 2210 with D-Link DCF-660W wireless card

lokas
12-04-2004, 11:40 PM
I have recently bought an ipaq 2210 and a D-link Wireless card, the Ipaq seems to be running fine, I have tired both the PPC2002 and 2003 Drivers and the same thing seems to happen. Basically after installing the drivers i do a soft reboot then I put in the card the light lights up but just blinks non stop, it will not go steady. The Wireless access point I have is working 100% as I have 3 other Pc's connected to it also it is insecure and there is no encryption on it. I have tried setting it up, does anybody have any ideas or tutorials or anything along those lines. Any help is much appreciated.

lokas
12-05-2004, 12:26 AM
Quick update, it randomly managed to connect ofr a few seconds to the access point, it seemed to happen when i opened fifa 2002 not sure if that is jjust a conincedence or not but then afetr a few seconds it disconnected again and seemed to disconnect another laptop connected to the same access point.

Cybrid
12-08-2004, 01:41 PM
Are you using any thing to get a good ip? VxIpConfig? www.cam.com

I wrote a guide but not sure how helpful you might find it.
http://www.vancouverpocketpc.com/a_guide_to_wifi.htm

borjagruiz
12-09-2004, 03:24 PM
I had a similar problem with the same wireless card. What I suggest is next:

Remove all the drivers from your pocket Pc. Although you should be able to delete them manually, I didn't manage to do it so I had to do Hard reset after backup. Of couse it did delete all the drivers.

Upon your PPC has no drivers, install Intersil drivers. You can download from here http://ppcworld.home.comcast.net/do...EXEWinCE300.exe. When the installing process has finished reset your machine. Afterwards introduce the CF Card, then it will appear a box message telling that the card is not being recognised. Delete that message and tap PRISMNDS.DLL, press enter and it should be working (if so a red box will appear in right hand side corner of your PDA)

Finally, is strongly recomended to change the drivers and use intersil's as they are much better. You can even switch on/off the radio without disconnet the card, as well as they work with most of the sniffers and sccanners in the market.

Regards