View Full Version : CompactFlash radio card question

beer980
12-04-2004, 05:05 PM
I was looking for a CF radio for the new Axim50v and found one from IBIZ (http://shop.store.yahoo.com/ibizpda/pocketradio1.html). It is the IBIZ pocketRADIO CompactFlash FM Stereo Radio Card but it is only compatable with the Dell Axim X5 they say. My Axim 50v is being shipped this week so I don't know much about compatability yet. Does anyone know if this will work with it? Are there any others that may if it doesn't.

Oregon Trail
12-04-2004, 09:13 PM
I'm curious about this also. Would make a good Christmas present if the radio doesn't use a lot of power. Looks like it is compatibile with my Toshiba e805.

Sven Johannsen
12-04-2004, 10:27 PM
My guess would be that it will certainly work on any 2003 OS machine with a CF slot, but I'd wait till somebody with an SE device checks it out for that.

I did want to mention a point so you know what you are getting. The sound system is in the card and there is a seperate earphone jack you have to use. It does not use the PPC sound system at all. It only uses the PPC as a GUI interface and power source.

Oregon Trail
12-04-2004, 11:55 PM
It appears to be best suited for talk programs, which is the majority of what I listen to.

beer980
12-05-2004, 04:46 AM
Yea I was thinking of it as a Christmas present that my non computer savy wife could get me. I don't see why it wouldn't work.