View Full Version : Pocket Word won't open

tmurf
12-04-2004, 12:56 AM
Any remedies (don't suggest hard reset)for me to get Pocket Word to open? It will not open for attachments or when using "find" or "file explorer" to open the file. It won't open clicking the icon in programs, nor on the Today screen under new-->word document. The words "Pocket Word" will show up on the top bar, but no document. Won't open if the file is stored in "built-in" or on my 512 Kingston SD.
Pocket Excel works fine.
Tmurf
A30H

Darius Wey
12-04-2004, 05:22 AM
It may be some messed up registry settings. If you're comfortable with editing the registry, download PHM Registry Editor, and navigate to:

\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\docfile\Shell\Open\Command

Change the "Default" key to pword.exe %1

Navigate to \HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\docfile\Shell\OpenDoc\Command

Change the "Default" key to pword.exe -opendoc %1

Follow the same procedures for \HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\dotfile\Shell\Open\Command, and \HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\pswfile\Shell\Open\Command

Does that fix anything?

OSUKid7
12-04-2004, 05:28 AM
Wow, how do you learn that stuff Darius? lol, I saw this thread earlier today and kept thinking it would almost surely require a hard reset, but I still held out hope that someone else would know. Awesome job. :) Hope it works for you, tmurf.

tmurf
12-04-2004, 04:51 PM
Well, you won't believe it, but after a 3rd soft rest last night did the trick. Everything works great. Thanks for the registry settings. That made me do a little thinking.
Thanks again,
Tmurf

Darius Wey
12-04-2004, 05:14 PM
Wow, how do you learn that stuff Darius?

Haha. :razzing: I'm a self-confessed registry hacker... My Pocket PC and PC are tweaked to no end. ;)

Darius Wey
12-04-2004, 05:15 PM
Well, you won't believe it, but after a 3rd soft rest last night did the trick. Everything works great. Thanks for the registry settings. That made me do a little thinking.
Thanks again,
Tmurf

Glad to see it all worked out. :D