View Full Version : Sloooooooow e800 after SE upgrade

delfuhd
12-03-2004, 04:19 AM
I did a search but found nothing... But I'm sure there have been threads on this.. But well I upgraded my buddy's e800 to SE the other day, and now it's quite slower. Well, he claims it is, and even after a hard reset and totally clean everything, it does seem a bit choppy. Is this normal? Are there certain programs that make SE go poo on an e800? Thanks for any info/advice!

JTEK
12-03-2004, 04:49 AM
It's slower, you can be sure of that.

But it's not THAT much slower that it's not functional. After I upgraded my e805, it took about three days to get used to the slight change in speed. However, the trade-off for the absolutely crisp display is well worth it.

If he's concerned about speed, he can always use Pocket Hack Master or XCPUScalar and speed things up a bit. I did and have never looked back.

Janak Parekh
12-03-2004, 05:19 AM
Agreed with JTEK. It felt slower at first, but it's not that bad once you get used to it. And there's improvements in some areas (such as battery life in VGA).

--janak

jim_millington
12-05-2004, 01:17 AM
I posted a link to a freeware program that removed alot of dead files and folders after i installed SE. My 405 was running at half speed! After using the clean up program it was back to normal.

Go figure.