View Full Version : Activesync issue with Files

sci
12-02-2004, 07:00 PM
Well aint this just peachy.

I just switched from palm to PPC for the second time, I'm familiar with PPC and active sync and have expirence doing what I need to. I am having a problem though and it baffles my mind as to what could be causing the issue. I sync to two PC's, well I try to anyway. On my home PC which I sync to more often, every time it asks if I want to Combine, Replace, or Ignore my 'Files'. Even if I don't change anything in the My Documents folder I still get this message. If I select Combine, it makes two copies of everything. While still connected I would go through and delete the duplicates so it would be reflected on both devices. Well you'd think that would allow me to start syncing properly but as soon as I disconnect and the reconnect Activesync again asks to Combine,Replace, or Ignore my 'Files'. I've even tried to have the desktop override items on my device but still next time I sync it asks the same question.

Then everytime I sync again with my Work PC ,which is the primary sync pc so I can sync Inbox, Active sync askes me to Combine, Replace, or Ignore everything.. Calender, Contacts, Files, etc.

It's like it doens't remember that their is a partnership. I've tried disabling 'File' sync and then reenabling it and also tried to delete and then redo the partnership.

Any thoughts? please.

ToddJ
12-05-2004, 11:05 PM
Try this...go into Activesync on your computer and open options. Make sure eveything you want is either on the computer or the pocket pc and then choose 'Always replace the item on my device.' and sync that a couple of times. Then switch it back to what it normally is.