View Full Version : Help with ms money 2005 and activesync

BenB
12-01-2004, 11:40 PM
This was happening with money 2004 too. And I'm running pocket pc 2003 SE on my MDA III.

In active sync under options I cannot 'check' ms money when my phone is docked. But when it isn't docked, I can check it. Then when I dock it, the check goes a way and it's not listed in the main window of active sync of items to sync up. I've googled, this and I cannot find anything about it. Maybe i've overlooked it some how.

http://home.comcast.net/~benb0320/ppc/activesync.jpg

Any ideas?

Darius Wey
12-02-2004, 04:10 AM
You can try uninstalling your desktop version of Money and reinstalling it. From there, proceed to install the latest version of Money for the Pocket PC and see if that resolves the problem.

BenB
12-02-2004, 05:04 AM
Still the same thing. Thanks for the reply though.

BenB
12-03-2004, 06:33 AM
Anyone else have an idea or seen this before?

Michman
12-04-2004, 12:30 PM
Anyone else have an idea or seen this before?

I've seen this in distant past. Can't recreate this now.

What version of MS Money desktop are you running? If your running something other than 2005, you may need to trick activesync into believing your running the same versions, both desktop and PPC. There is simple work around if this is your issue.

BenB
12-05-2004, 01:52 AM
I'm running 2005 for both. I was running 2003 a while back but I don't knwo if that should matter. During the install for the ppc version it didn't say anything about not being able to find ms money on my computer. Just when the device is docked I cannot check ms money under options. But when it isn't dock I can. Its strange.

BenB
12-05-2004, 08:58 AM
What is that work around? Maybe it'll fix this. So far I've done everything else I could think of.

JimPAQ
12-06-2004, 05:09 AM
When money 2005 came out, I upgraded from money 2004 and I had lots of problems. This problem was one of them. I had to completely uninstall money 2005 from my iPAQ and reinstall it and that fixed all the problems. Here is the step by step of what I did. I can’t guarantee that it fixes your problem, but it fixed all the problems I was having.

Disconnected, I removed money from the today screen settings to take the DLL out of memory.
Then I uninstalled Money 2005 (which I had already installed)
From within Money 2005 on the desktop I selected Tools and Money for the PPC
I got to the download page and chose download and open to automatically open the install after download. (You probably could just run the install if you have already downloaded)
After it installed (I was still disconnected) it said it would install to the PPC on next connect.
Then I connected my PPC and let it start the install.
When it asked if I wanted to remove the money databases I chose yes.
When it asked if I wanted to replace this DLL and that DLL, I chose yes.
After the install was completed, I went back in and added money back to my today screen settings.
Then I went in and started money to make sure it would work (one of my original problems was the program wouldn’t even start without locking up)
I disconnected from the cradle and reconnected.
After it synchronized, I was able to go in to options and choose Money to be added to the list.
After I added it, it synchronized again and all the money accounts showed up on my today screen and every thing worked great.

Like I said, I don’t know what fixed all the problems I was having. This is just a step by step of what I did.

Good luck
--Jim

BenB
12-06-2004, 05:33 AM
Hrm..there must be something going on, because I don't have an option to add it to my today screen. After the install of it, it does go to the today screen, but there isn't an option for money.

I'm not to sure how the ppc really works, but maybe the module or whatever it installs, isn't installing fully for some reason.

BenB
12-22-2004, 10:45 AM
I'm still stuck and ran out of ideas