View Full Version : Color Finder

Lex
12-01-2004, 12:44 PM
Some apps allow color changes to be made with slider controls or by numerical entry for red, blue and green. Anyone know how to find out a color's number so you can just enter the value w/o trying to get it right with 3 sliders?

scary
12-01-2004, 04:56 PM
I'm not sure exactly what you are after, but you can search the web for 'color picker' and find lots of ways of getting the values of the 3 colors. Here is one of them - http://www.hypersolutions.org/pages/colorSel.html

Basically, for any of the 3 colors R G B off is 00, full on is FF if in hex, or 255 if in decimal.

S.

Lex
12-01-2004, 08:57 PM
Thanks Scary. That's really close to what I was looking for. It'll be easier to find a desired color and add it to Agenda Fusion for example by numerical value than trying to match it using 3 sliders. AF seems to number colors by 3 digits though and I figured that was a standard numerical value of some sort. Thanks again.

globaloffice
12-02-2004, 06:29 AM
I figured that was a standard numerical value of some sort. Thanks again.

Actually it is a standard. What you're seeing are RGB color codes. They run from 0-255 in R G B. I know Paint Shop Pro shows them well as do several other programs for the PC like Color Impact and Color Schemer Studio.

Regards,
Roger