View Full Version : Pairing a BT PPC with a BT phone

amnon
11-30-2004, 09:03 PM
Hi.

I am intending to get a BT phone to pair with my Axim X30 624 PPC.

Rational: I want a very light phone and a PPC connectable to the internet through cellular.

I would like to hear how many have a successfull pairing like that (or a bad one) and why.

Until I read otherwise, my intention is to get the smallest and simplest BT phone I can find.

Thanks,
Amnon

the_rapture
12-04-2004, 04:53 AM
I'm using the Motorola v710 and my iPAQ 4155. I'm using Verizonwireless. Once they got my account setup correctly I've been able to connect and Surf the net and upload my pop3 e-mail except for downloading it. So I've been searching the forums looking for an answer.

Sven Johannsen
12-04-2004, 10:40 PM
4155, X30, paired with T-Mobile T610. No problems surfing or retrieving or sending mail (earthlink account). I don't try to sync the PPC and phone, each sync independently with Outlook on a BT capable PC.

myrampar
12-07-2004, 03:00 AM
I'm using the Motorola v710 and my iPAQ 4155. I'm using Verizonwireless. Once they got my account setup correctly I've been able to connect and Surf the net and upload my pop3 e-mail except for downloading it. So I've been searching the forums looking for an answer.

I've got the same setup and have not had any problems connecting to the internet or receiving/sending email.

It seems that most people have just the opposite problem. I've never really had problems receiving my mail it's usually sending that can be tricky. Is this what you meant?

Check with your ISP to get the correct email server settings. You may need to set up authentication on your outgoing mail server.

Hope this helps.

the_rapture
12-08-2004, 01:45 AM
It's the downloading that is giving a problem.... Are you using a data plan or just connecting using your minutes? I have picture messaging enabled so it allows me to connect and surf, but I have the e-mail problem. I've been afraid to stay connected to troubleshoot in case it's going to cost me. I'm waiting on my first bill to see... One time it downloaded fine but wasn't uploading. Since I was having having problems I changed some settings and tested and now have the opposite problem. Thanks for the info...

myrampar
12-08-2004, 05:26 AM
It's the downloading that is giving a problem.... Are you using a data plan or just connecting using your minutes? I have picture messaging enabled so it allows me to connect and surf, but I have the e-mail problem. I've been afraid to stay connected to troubleshoot in case it's going to cost me. I'm waiting on my first bill to see... One time it downloaded fine but wasn't uploading. Since I was having having problems I changed some settings and tested and now have the opposite problem. Thanks for the info...

I do not have a data plan. I am just using my minutes. I haven't used a bunch of minutes because I also don't want to get nailed with a large bill, but on the two statements I have received I show no extra data charges. I would try a bit of troubleshooting on the weekend or evenings when you've got unlimited minutes. What are the settings you are using to for your BT dial up connection? What is your ISP?

Here is a good resource for getting tips on how to use your Moto V710 phone. http://www.russellbeattie.com/notebook/1007961.html

mbabischkin
12-10-2004, 01:58 AM
Using an Ipaq 4155 with a T-610 on T-Mobile to post this message.

My biggest problem was getting the right data plan that would allow me to surf the net freely.