View Full Version : Ripping ONLY audio from a DVD

Birdman
11-29-2004, 11:39 PM
Is there a program that will allow me to take just the audio off of a DVD and convert it to an MP3 so that I can listen to it on my PPC?

For example, I would like to take my Springsteen DVD (Live in Barcelona) and just rip the audio to an MP3, not the video.

Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.
TIA

ctmagnus
11-30-2004, 12:10 AM
I've done this before, with so-so results and I can't remember how. I ended up with one audio track per scene, which was failry workable but I couldn't be bothered with the joining/splicing to end up with all tracks starting and ending where they're supposed to.

Jason Dunn
11-30-2004, 01:05 AM
I'm pretty sure that DVD Shrink will do that for you - Google it, it's free.

bigkingfun
11-30-2004, 01:29 AM
I use a program called DVD Audio Ripper to do this. It's by www.xilisoft.com. It's not free but I think they have a free trial if you want to try it out.

Darius Wey
11-30-2004, 01:36 PM
Most feature-rich DVD rippers can do this. An example is XMPEG. You will find that there are different streams on the DVD: video and audio (there may be multiple streams as the DVD may have support for different video codecs and the audio may be in different languages, etc.). So focus on the stream you want and you can exclusively focus on that stream in ripping, and so ignore the others.