View Full Version : Unrecognized Network card in Socket 2

prototype
11-29-2004, 08:47 PM
A few times when I have tried to enable my wireless I have gotten the following error on my X50v

Unrecognized Card
Enter the name of the device driver for this card. For information, see the card manufacturer's documentation

Network card in Socket 2

Anyone else get this? I just happened today after using the Wireless button on the side of the unit. After I got it I did a soft reset then used the icon on the today screen to activate just wifi and it was fine.

bigkingfun
11-29-2004, 09:04 PM
I've had this pop up a couple of times as well. It isn't consistent and so far I haven't been able to find a common denominator for the couple of times it happened. I had this same problem with my Toshiba e800 every once in a while and again could never find a reason for it.

Underwater Mike
11-29-2004, 09:35 PM
I battled this all weekend with my WiFi CF card in my X5 -- after using the two with no problem for almost TWO YEARS. I think the OS just gets grumpy sometimes (technical explanation).

ChemNerd
12-01-2004, 05:24 AM
This happened to me as well. Along with a host of other issues (like bluetooth manager not opening). All these issues can be fixed with a soft reset. If this is not acceptable my advice is to exchange it.

In my case I got fed up with dealing with Dell and their suggestions and the long hold time and actually returned the device. It was a wonderful device, but I figure "try again later" There are obviously some issues here.

BTW - the bluetooth manager would open if I went and closed all the running programs - very strange..... strange.