View Full Version : Need ActiveSync expert - Future tasks don't sync? HELP!

Tye
11-29-2004, 08:17 PM
I can't figure this one out...
I have AS set up to sync all future tasks and 52 previous weeks' tasks. The previous weeks don't seem to be a problem. However the future tasks don't all seem to be there. SOME future tasks DO show up though.

If I have AS sync ALL tasks then it does just that. The problem is that I then have over 2000 completed tasks that I don't want (and yes, I need to keep those on the desktop for reference).

Anyway, my issue is that PocketInformant uses a task in 2999 -- no doubt many of you know that -- to designate a template. With the current AS problem task templates don't work.

Thanks!

emuelle1
11-29-2004, 08:47 PM
Something that I've found to take care of the build up of completed tasks which must be retained but not synced is to create a sub-folder called "Completed Tasks". I periodically dump all of my completed tasks in there. That way they don't clutter up and I can still do a "Sync all tasks", but they're still searchable and recoverable if need be.

Tye
11-30-2004, 11:09 PM
Thanks. That's an excellent idea that I think I will do.

On the other hand... I'm still curious if anyone knows the answer? Is this a known AS issue or is it user error?

Tye
12-06-2004, 04:32 AM
Me thinks ActiveSync sucks so bad that there are no experts in this area. 8O

Oh well...

Darius Wey
12-06-2004, 10:39 AM
Me thinks ActiveSync sucks so bad that there are no experts in this area. 8O

Oh well...

FWIW, everything you've described seems reasonable and I'm willing to bet it's an AS issue. That is, unless you have some messed up settings that are causing the problem, which I doubt.

ctmagnus
12-07-2004, 02:03 AM
Whenever I check off a task on my Pocket PC then sync it, the task is removed from the Pocket PC and retained as completed on the desktop. I've never changed the AS settings for tasks, so this is out of the box behaviour.

My AS settings for tasks are set to synchronize only incomplete tasks and to not filter by category, ie, only the second radio button in tasks synchronization settings (on the desktop) is enabled. Also, I sync only with this one desktop and not with a server or anything else.