View Full Version : Bling Bling Manager (Finance Software)

melb_angel19
11-29-2004, 10:55 AM
Does anyone here use Bling Bling Manager.
http://www.freewareppc.com/financial/blingblingmanager.shtml

It's a personal finance manager. Quite a useful little tool. I'm just wondering if anyone knows how to actually back it up?

Or are they any other recommendations for similar software out there? I like the simplicity of this particular finance manager.

emuelle1
11-30-2004, 02:11 PM
I've looked at it several times on Freewareppc.com. I have even thought about installing it several times. I use Quicken on my desktop to keep track of my finances, so I would need something that will sync with Quicken. However, had I not been using Quicken, I think Bling Bling would be a great idea, especially because it's freeware.

I have been looking for a way (without having to justify the expense to my wife) to keep track of the money we spend while we're out. Some weekends, by the time I get to sit down in front of Quicken, I have a pocket jammed full of receipts and all I can do is pray that I haven't lost one or two along the way. Bling Bling might be a good way to keep track of non-bill budget items. If I get a chance I'll try it and let you know what I think.

melb_angel19
12-02-2004, 02:03 AM
I've used it for a few days now and the only thing it's lacking is a report feature. It needs a pie graph or something similar to show how much was spent per category.

It does let you calculate the amount per category using filters but to create a report you'd have to do each category individually and enter the amounts into Excel to create the chart. It's a shame it lacks this feature.

I worked out how to back it up. It actually puts HIDDEN files in My Documents with all of the data. Handy though because I just have to backup those files. It's easy.

emuelle1
12-02-2004, 03:22 AM
Cool. I haven't had a chance to play with it yet. I'm trying to restore Windows on a 3870 that a friend gave me with Linux. I didn't want to put too much on my 3765 and then switch units. I finally got all I need, so hopefully, I'll have the new one working shortly.