View Full Version : Pocket PC Pathways Reviews Brando's Bluetooth Smart Keyboard

Jason Dunn
11-29-2004, 11:00 AM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.ppcpathways.com/cgi-bin/review/main.pl?action=article&sendingidnumber=9&page=0' target='_blank'>http://www.ppcpathways.com/cgi-bin/...number=9&page=0</a><br /><br /></div><i>"This is an amazing keyboard. When I used an iPAQ 3835 as my main pda, I had a Targus Stowaway Keyboard which is now branded Think Outside and it was an excellent keyboard but I had to plug my ipaq into it. Yes, that seems like a fine solution--but what about wireless!? The new HX4700 has built in Bluetooth which allows wireless capabilities without adding on something that just makes it bigger or heavier."</i>

x999x
11-29-2004, 10:10 PM
For that price, I'd rather buy the namebrand HP model -_-;;

benn600
11-29-2004, 10:22 PM
Ouch...if you have ever read or listened to the new book Natural Cures "They" Don't Want You To Know About, you would know that you should basically avoid the namebrands for many reasons. This book is mainly applying to food. By purchasing from HP, you are supporting a huge company that only cares about making money, while Brando is much smaller. Besides, they are both made outside of America so there is no benefit there. If one was made in America, that would be the best automatically. Support America--BUY American!

jimski
11-30-2004, 06:18 AM
Well HP would have a lot more at risk if they released a crappy keyboard than Brando would. Big companies (namebrands) go to great costs to ensure that you get the best available.

I work with QA people from Fortune 100 companies regularly and can tell you that they scrutinize everything and the only time a sub-contractor gets away with a shoddy product or component is when they try to pull the wool over everyone's eyes. That usually only happens once though.

I try to support the little guy when I can (I have only owned Micron/MPC computers, as have my relatives for the past 10 years), but will steer towards the big names when I am looking for dependability. They have too much to lose.

phs
12-05-2004, 02:38 AM
The build quality of the Brando is nowhere near the build quality of my HP Foldable or my Pocketop IR. The Brando's plastic is just not as polished.

Well I bought the Brando anyway, because the keys on my HP Foldable started dying one by one after about a year, and my Pocketop IR is quirky. Let's see how long the Brando will last.

Of course, the cheapest keyboard I ever had - the "ER"Go Serial - not only worked well with my 3850 and Textmaker, but still works after four years!