View Full Version : new to ppcs... is msn available?

ckufta
11-28-2004, 05:16 PM
i'm new to the technology of ppcs. Is msn available? If so does it come standard or is it something that has to be added later?

Fishie
11-28-2004, 05:55 PM
i'm new to the technology of ppcs. Is msn available? If so does it come standard or is it something that has to be added later?

Its built in.
If you get one of the older devices you might have to download a free updte though.

Sven Johannsen
11-28-2004, 07:25 PM
What do you think is built in? There is a Pocket MSN icon, but all it does is announce the eventual availability of Pocket MSN, which actually has been available for 6 months. It's a subscription BTW, for about $25 a year, but they currently have a years free trial going on. It doesn't add much in my view, except adding an HTTP mail capability to Inbox, and some minor Messenger enhancements. Other than that you can go to MSN Mobile with PIE out of the box, just like most any other web site.

Fishie
11-28-2004, 08:28 PM
Oops my bad, I thought he meant MS Messenger

Darius Wey
11-29-2004, 09:22 AM
Oops my bad, I thought he meant MS Messenger

No - I thought that too. MSN Messenger is built in, but there are also a vast number of MSN services that can be accesesed from the device (e.g. Hotmail, etc.). As Sven mentioned, Pocket MSN provides a basic starting guide to accessing these services. Alternatively, there is the special MSN Mobile software.

If MSN Messenger does not work for you, remember to update it with the patch which can be found here (http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/downloads/msnmessenger/pocketpc.mspx).