View Full Version : HP BT HEADPHONES ORDER NOW!!!!

powerbook17
11-27-2004, 06:48 PM
http://www.shopping.hp.com/cgi-bin/hpdirect/shopping/scripts/home/store_access.jsp?product_code=FA303A%23AC3&template_type=product_detail&script_name=product.cgi

surfer
11-27-2004, 07:14 PM
Does anyone know if they work with any other unit then HP?

kyrkesmith
12-22-2004, 07:21 PM
I heard they don't, but that could be incorrect. I think they need the latest bluetooth drivers, so it could depend on what implementation you've got.

Anyway, the good news is they're now available at HP's UK site, iPAQ Choice (http://www.ipaqchoice.com/productinfo.aspx?catid=6&id=704&Name=Bluetooth_Stereo_Headphones).

Sven Johannsen
12-22-2004, 08:11 PM
Unless HP get magnanimous, or some third party gets clever, iPAQ PPCs are the only things these work with. The driver CD installs a new BT Manager that adds High Quality Audio Setup and Connect to a Keyboard* to the BT Manager add-a-device wizard. I found the cab for the install and ran it on my Dell and it said it was only for iPAQ devices...so it knows.

Don't know if maybe newer Broadcom BT drivers might include these profiles but I'd bet against it for now.

Real silly that it doesn't even support HP's BT capable laptops. There have been some complaints about that in various forums.

Only bright side to this is that these things are built for HP by Logitech. I can't believe that they won't be marketing a version of their own with wider support, at some point.

*Incidentally the Connect to a Keyboard does not let you connect to HPs folding BT keyboard for iPAQs. That has it's own driver. Don't these people talk to each other?

Dazbot
12-26-2004, 01:20 AM
I like the Windows Media controls however I will not be buying them until they work with anything. They should release a 3.5mm to bluetooth adapter like Bluetake have as a seperate product so people can choose to spend more on them.

I may decide to buy a VGA Pocket PC like the Asus 730W after its dropped in price a bit, I'll end up with a set of useless headphones.

I doubt Acer will issue updated drivers for my laptop's built in bluetooth as well.

Sven Johannsen
12-26-2004, 01:56 AM
I like the Windows Media controls however I will not be buying them until they work with anything. They should release a 3.5mm to bluetooth adapter like Bluetake have as a seperate product so people can choose to spend more on them.

If they do, the media controls won't work. It would have to interface the device back through the headset jack, which isn't gonna happen. A BT implementation which adds the Advanced Audio Data Profile is what is needed for other PPCs to make the HP headset compatible.

Mine actually went back to HP. I loved them, but the down volume button didn't work, and there was no other way to lower the volume. No, the volume slider in the PPC or in MP didn't do it. Unfortunately, they were out and couldn't tell me when they were due, so wouldn't place a replacement order. They refunded my money. To bad too. Now I will wait till someone relases one that works on more than one brand. (Without a dongle)

shawnc
12-26-2004, 03:04 AM
Mine actually went back to HP. I loved them, but the down volume button didn't work, and there was no other way to lower the volume. No, the volume slider in the PPC or in MP didn't do it. Unfortunately, they were out and couldn't tell me when they were due, so wouldn't place a replacement order. They refunded my money. To bad too. Now I will wait till someone relases one that works on more than one brand. (Without a dongle)

Sorry to hear that Sven. Been playing with mine all day and they seem to work fine. My only problem is that they are not adjustable. I'm sure there is some technical reason for this because HP can't POSSIBLY believe that one size headphones would fit all heads. I'm going to try them for a week or two and see if I can get used to the fit. If not, back they go. Other than the fit, these things are grrrreeeeeeeeeeeeaaaat!

Sven Johannsen
12-26-2004, 05:50 AM
I appreciate the sympathy. I just hope that there will be a bunch of these happening soon. BT keyboards were kind of like that. Bunches announced for quite a while, then one or two show up, now they are all over (though many just re=branded). I'm hoping mostly that Logitech, who makes the HP ones, will release a more universal model.

Dazbot
12-27-2004, 12:10 AM

If they do, the media controls won't work. It would have to interface the device back through the headset jack, which isn't gonna happen. A BT implementation which adds the Advanced Audio Data Profile is what is needed for other PPCs to make the HP headset compatible.

Sorry, I was refering into the headphones themselves, I'd like to buy a pair that will stream audio from any device with a 3.5mm jack, I'm not as bothered about the controls working with any device, although I would buy these over the bluetake because they support WMP.

Unless other PPC manufactures bring out their own headphones I doubt they will add A2DP support to their existing devices like HP have half done. <rant> they didn't bother with the h1945, whats so different about this device that they couldn't update the BT stack </rant>

Anyone who has a pair can you find out if the WMP commands are sent via the Serial Port Profile, Advanced Audio Distribution Profile or some other profile? Thanks