View Full Version : QTEK 9090 (HTC "Blue "Angel") yellow hue problem

SiliconAddict
11-27-2004, 03:01 PM
Got my QTEK 9090 yesterday. Great little device. I like everything about it but 1 thing: the screen. It is absolute garbage :evil: !!! Speaking of yellow hue, this screen is junk :evil:. Amazing that they sell this at all. My 2,5 yrs old XDA I has a much better screen. Luckily this QTEK is a loaner (the Dutch importer couldn't deliver yet although he promised he could, so we all got demo units for the time being).

I think we will cancel the order and look for something else. The only question is: for what :?: What other device is comparable to the QTEK 9090 but has a decent screen :?:

TopDog
11-27-2004, 06:55 PM
I've seen/tested a few Qtek 9090's without noticeing anything wrong with the screen, although I've heard others say the same as you, so I think the quality may differ from device to device...

I love my Qtek 2020, and will not replace it with the 9090 because I've heard people having trouble with the sound during a call, both in and out. I've heard about keyboard-problems, WiFi-problems, BT-problems and MMS problems...

SiliconAddict
11-27-2004, 07:56 PM
I've performed a search on the web, and as I read all HTC "Bue Angels" seem to suffer from this yellow hue problem. Not that there are that many on the market already, but still. A quality issue IMHO, I know many PDAs with great screens without this issue. Like my own old trusted XDA I, the whites are white and not yellow.

So the big question is:

:?: Who has a HTC "Blue Angel" derivative like the QTEK 9090, MDA III etc. etc. without the yellow hue malformation :?:

Janak Parekh
11-27-2004, 08:44 PM
I believe the Blue Angel has this by design, like the iPAQ 1940 and 4150. :| Not sure why they use that screen.

--janak

SiliconAddict
11-28-2004, 11:16 AM
Who knows if the new Xda IIi (also known as HTC "Alpine") has the same yellow hue quality issue as the HTC "Blue Angel" :?:

If not we'll abandon the QTEK 9090 altogether and go for the Alpine.

Another reason apart from the outrageous screen quality is the slider keyboard. My colleagues are quite big guys with big hands and fingers. It's quite impossible for them to press just 1 key at a time with their fat fingers, so for them the slider keyboard is quite unusable. And since it adds up to the size of the device, why not leave it out we're thinking.

TopDog
11-28-2004, 12:30 PM
Who knows if the new Xda IIi (also known as HTC "Alpine") has the same yellow hue quality issue as the HTC "Blue Angel" :?:
Well, at least my Qtek 2020 (XDA II) have the best screen I've ever used.