View Full Version : Help me use my PPC!

Zuph
11-26-2004, 10:32 PM
Long story short, I bought an Axim X5 (the cheap version :() back when it first came out. I used it for a couple of months, but didn't really find a "killer app" that made me want to carry it around everywhere. I could just as easily keep notes and plans in a cheap planner. Writing on the screen was alright, but not for anything but notes. While it was fairly capable in playing media, I didn't have a big enough CF card to do anything with.

While I was cleaning out a drawer the other day, I found it, dutifully charged and in the same state it was in a year ago. I can't help but curse such a waste of money, so I want you guys to help me out here. Should I try and reclaim some of my investment, and chalk it up to the fact that PPCs just aren't for me, or has any new "killer app" come out in the past year that would make it better suited over pen and paper? I'm a highschool senior right now, so anything to help me stay organized through all this college crap would be awesome. Right now, pen and paper is working fine, but I can't help but wonder if there is anything better...

Thanks guys!

Jason Dunn
11-26-2004, 11:15 PM
Have you thought about getting a keyboard and using it to take notes in class? That's a "killer app" for people in school...

Sven Johannsen
11-27-2004, 12:09 AM
How about "The dog ate it"
http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/articles.php?action=expand%2C18130&sid=05a89ee19be5aa61806ba74c7054bb67

mscdex
11-27-2004, 12:40 AM
Have you thought about getting a keyboard and using it to take notes in class? That's a "killer app" for people in school...

I agree, I used the Stowaway XT with my iPaq 2215 at school and it was great. I found myself even hardly touching the screen, since I could use alt+tab to switch between applications and such.