View Full Version : Wireless SD cards - do they work well, and is extra software necessary?

chewondave
11-26-2004, 10:15 PM
Hey, i have an hp 1910 and am otherwise pretty content with it, except that it doesnt' have built in wireless or blue tooth. I saw an ad for the SD wireless card, which looks pretty promising. Can anyone tell me, from experience preferably, if these cards work decently well? And if so, do i need to buy more programs to run it on my 1910? thanks alot!

ADBrown
11-26-2004, 10:34 PM
Hey, i have an hp 1910 and am otherwise pretty content with it, except that it doesnt' have built in wireless or blue tooth. I saw an ad for the SD wireless card, which looks pretty promising. Can anyone tell me, from experience preferably, if these cards work decently well? And if so, do i need to buy more programs to run it on my 1910? thanks alot!

You can't use a wireless card on a 1910. It doesn't have SDIO, which is neccessary to use anything more than memory cards in the SD slot.

Darius Wey
11-27-2004, 04:21 AM
You can't use a wireless card on a 1910. It doesn't have SDIO, which is neccessary to use anything more than memory cards in the SD slot.

Unless... (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7348) 8)

Janak Parekh
11-27-2004, 05:22 AM
Unless... (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7348) 8)
No driver currently exists, and to the best of my knowledge there exist no commercial plans to offer one for the 1910. Since the device is now two generations old, I'd be extremely surprised. chewondave, I'd suggest that you save the money right now and save up for a future Pocket PC with WiFi built-in.

--janak

Darius Wey
11-27-2004, 05:24 AM
No driver currently exists, and to the best of my knowledge there exist no commercial plans to offer one for the 1910. Since the device is now two generations old, I'd be extremely surprised.

I know... :lol: But it was nice to get hopes up.

Otherwise, I'm also seconding Janak's suggestion - save up for a new Pocket PC with integrated wireless functionality. :D

chewondave
11-27-2004, 04:35 PM
:( and just when i actually started using it too. ah without wireless the 1910 is getting just too much of a hastel to use. thanks for the tip, i think i'll go hunt for another one!

but the possibility of a driver is still very tantalizing. too bad i know absolutely nothing about compiling code.